New protein bar for kids to hit shelves
ThinkKIDS, a new brand of protein bars for kids, is debuting at retailers this summer to help solve the daily tug-of-war parents face with their kids when choosing between snacks that are nutritious versus delicious.
According to the manufacturer, thinkKIDS contain 7 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber, while limiting sugar to 4 grams per serving. Each bar is gluten free, GMO-free and made with no artificial flavors or colors.
“Snack and granola bars are a $3 billion dollar category. We saw a hole in the marketplace because many kids bars don’t contain a lot of protein and can often be loaded with sugar,” said Cherry Joh, senior marketing director for thinkKIDS. “Our challenge was to make a bar with the right nutritional profile and that also tastes great. That’s why we taste-tested our bars with kids 6 to 12 years old and only their favorite bars made the final cut.”
The bars are available in five flavors:
- Chocolate Chip – mini chocolate chips in a soft, doughy center and covered in chocolate
- Peanut Butter Cup – a combination of a peanut butter center and creamy chocolate
- Cookies & Creme – cocoa crisps and creme drops with a white creme coating
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookie – cinnamon in a soft center and just a hint of sugar
- Vanilla Cupcake – a classic cupcake flavor with real vanilla
ThinkKIDS will debut in retailers nationwide this summer, starting with Target and Kroger.
New female-powered nutrition brand debuts with bars, powders
Truwomen, an LA-based nutrition company, announced on Tuesday that it is making its official debut with the launch of its first product offerings, Truwomen bars and powders.
Inspired by the spirit of dessert, the playful lineup of four bars and two powders encourages women to treat themselves in healthy, nutritious ways that promote positive self-image and self-care while satisfying cravings for decadent taste.
After talking to female consumers in 2016, the bars and powders were created to satisfy the flavor craving of a treat like a candy bar, cake or cookie without the guilt. Flavors include Daydreaming About Donuts, Oh Oh Cookie Dough, Smother Fudger Peanut Butter and Zamn Good Zesty Lemon protein bars and Va Va Voom Vanilla and You’re Mocha Me Cocoa protein powders.
There are 12 grams of protein in each bar and 15 grams of protein in each serving of powder. The products are certified gluten-free, dairy- and soy-free, and are plant fueled (vegan), made with non-GMO ingredients and do not contain bloat-causing sugar alcohols.
“When it comes to creating healthy bars with lots of protein, no one thought tasting good was an option,” said Karyn Gayle, vice president of Truwomen. “Food is meant to be enjoyed and Truwomen allows you to feel good about what you’re eating. The DNA of our brand is driven by a female-first approach to everything we do — from the design of the bars to our women-powered business model and support of female-led partners. Our name is reflected in our products, team and infrastructure to prioritize and elevate women all over the world.”
The brand is also striving to make an economic impact in the lives of women and the communities those women support. For example, its manufacturing facility is run by two families with female leadership and products will be packed by the Women’s Bean Project, which hires at-risk women, victims of domestic violence, recovering addicts and women who have been incarcerated.
Natrol unveils new line of six gummy vitamins, supplements
Natrol has developed a new line of gummy vitamins and supplements to benefit the whole family.
“Not all gummy vitamins and supplements are created equal. For example, some gummies include artificial colors or corn syrup,” said Michelle Baron, director of marketing innovation at Natrol. “With Natrol Gummies, we found a way to create better, higher quality products without sacrificing great taste. Made with organic ingredients while maintaining great flavor, Natrol Gummies are a deliciously good addition to people’s healthy lifestyles.”
The entire Natrol Gummies line is made with organic ingredients, is non-GMO and free from artificial sweeteners, colors, preservatives and flavors. The products are gelatin-free, vegetarian and include quality ingredients such as pectin, making them less likely to stick to one’s teeth than standard gelatin gummies.
The line includes:
- Natrol Melatonin Gummies: A strawberry-flavored gummy designed to assist with occasional sleeplessness and help people fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
- Natrol Hair, Skin & Nails Gummies: Featured in a raspberry flavor, this product delivers 5,000 mcg of biotin in two gummies.
- Natrol Women’s Multi Gummies: Designed to nourish women’s bodies with the essential vitamins and nutrients expected in a multivitamin, plus 26 fruits and vegetables to provide important plant-based nutrients. Available in a mixture of berry, cherry and grape flavors.
- Natrol Prenatal Multi-Gummies: Nourishes expectant moms with 26 fruits and vegetables, providing plant-based nutrients as well as essential vitamins and nutrients. Also available in a mixture of berry, cherry and grape flavors.
- Natrol Men’s Multi Gummies: Available in a blend of berry, cherry and grape flavors, these gummies are formulated to support men with 26 fruits and vegetables, providing plant-based nutrients as well as the essential vitamins and nutrients expected in a multivitamin.
- Natrol Kids’ Multi Gummies: With 26 fruits and veggies, these gummies are a tasty way to help ensure your kids are getting essential plant-based nutrients along with the vitamins they need. Available in a mix of berry, cherry and grape flavors for children ages 4 and up.
Natrol Gummies can be purchased at retailers nationally, including Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid and Target. Natrol Gummies can also be found on Amazon and other online retailers, as well as select grocery, natural and specialty stores.