On the heels of launching its bondbar collection, Sally Beauty is elevating the product line with six new products.
Formulated with bonding technology that repairs everyday damage, bondbar’s latest additions — Bonding Primer, Bonding Booster, Bonding Recovery, Bonding Purple Shampoo, Bonding Concentrate and Bonding Hydration Mask — were created to help consumers personalize their hair care routines.
Drug Store News spoke with Steve Chattin, vice president of global product development at Sally Beauty about the line’s latest additions, which were sparked by consumers’ growing interest in working on their hair health.
[Read more: Nick Stenson Beauty’s hair care line to hit Ulta Beauty shelves]
“Sally Beauty is quickly expanding its line of pro-quality bonding products to support consumer needs and meet demand. Consumers are showing an increased interest in prioritizing their hair health and normalizing beneficial products and treatments,” said Chattin. “We also know spending and expenses are top of mind for today’s consumers. We made it our mission to offer bondbar at an accessible price.”
Creating a line that is not only accessible but customizable was key for Sally Beauty when it came to figuring out what consumers wanted and needed from their hair care products.
“During the development process, it was crucial for us to create solutions for the most common hair concerns and address all hair types. This led us to the creation of ten different personalized systems. We wanted to hone in on systems to address individuals with chemically treated and gray hair since Sally Beauty is the leader in DIY hair color. We know how important it is to care for colored hair,” said Chattin. “We also wanted to focus on providing a bonding solution specifically for the textured hair community.”
The full bondbar collection additions include:
- Bonding Primer: A repair treatment that smooths hair and helps reduce breakage after just one use when used in a system with the line’s Bonding Pre-Shampoo;
- Bonding Booster: A treatment that can be added into hair color or a bleach formula to help reduce damage during the at-home hair color process;
- Bonding Recovery: A post-chemical treatment reviver that keeps damage at bay during the coloring, lightening, and relaxing process while improving wet detangling;
- Bonding Purple Shampoo: A toning shampoo that neutralizes brassiness after one use and significantly brightens all blonde, lightened, and gray hair while hydrating roots to ends;
- Bonding Concentrate: An oil styler that increases shine and minimizes flyaways while shielding hair against heat damage up to 450ºF; and
- Bonding Hydration Mask: A intense moisture treatment that adds volume, smooths hair, and improves wet detangling by up to 90% after one use.
[Read more: Beauty brands turn to technology in leveling up basic tools]
“Bondbar offers prestige quality products with clinically proven claims, at an affordable price. This is something that is often rare to find in products starting at $9.99,” Chattin said. “As a whole, these custom systems were carefully crafted to support key hair health concerns and solutions to consumer’s most common problems, especially for underserved communities, like those with chemically treated/color hair, curly and grey hair.”
The entire bondbar collection is available for purchase at Sally Beauty locations and online.