EnivenHealth, the retail pharmacy solutions division of Omnicell, is joining with its newly acquired FDS Amplicare business to unveil a range of industry-leading clinical, financial management and communications technology solutions during the NCPA Annual Convention & Expo that will be held Oct. 9-12 in Charlotte, N.C.
Omnicell recently announced that it had completed the acquisition of FDS Amplicare, adding a suite of complementary SaaS technology solutions, as well as a nationwide network of more than 15,000 independent retail pharmacies, to significantly expand EnlivenHealth’s broad industry footprint.
The company noted that the combined EnlivenHealth and FDS Amplicare now offers the industry’s most comprehensive offering of SaaS technology solutions designed to help retail pharmacies and health plans to grow and thrive in the new era of digital-driven healthcare.
[Read more: Omnicell to acquire FDS Amplicare for $177M]
As part of the NCPA’s national event, EnlivenHealth and FDS Amplicare will showcase its CareScheduler, the automated vaccine scheduling and reporting solution, and Match, a comparison tool that helps patients choose the Medicare Part D plan that best meets their needs and budget.
“It was clear to us from the beginning that EnlivenHealth and FDS Amplicare shared a strategic view on how technology is transforming both the practice and business of retail pharmacy,” said Danny Sanchez, vice president and general manager of EnlivenHealth. “That shared vision recognizes the fact that the COVID-19 pandemic and digitization have fundamentally changed healthcare, positioning retail pharmacy to assume an even greater role as a key player in the healthcare continuum. The independent pharmacies attending this year’s NCPA convention are on the frontlines of driving that positive change.”
“We are excited to be joining together with our new colleagues at EnlivenHealth to showcase the breadth and depth of our combined solutions enabling retail pharmacies to truly thrive in the new era of pharmacy transformation,” said Peter Fianu, general manager of FDS Amplicare. “As one combined organization, we now can offer the most robust and complete suite of digital solutions and services that enable independent pharmacies to effectively engage patients, provide high value clinical services and get paid for them, and maximize growth and profitability.”
Sanchez continued, “Rising DIR fees are one of the biggest challenges facing independent pharmacies today. A key goal of the combined EnlivenHealth/FDS Amplicare is to launch a multi-pronged offering designed to enable retail pharmacies to bend the DIR growth curve. We believe our new DIR mitigation solution will be a true differentiator in the marketplace.”
EnlivenHealth and FDS Amplicare will showcase the following key solutions for retail pharmacies:
Financial Management and Analytics Solutions:
- MedBill: Provides retail pharmacies with easy-to-use tools that enable them to bill for the high value clinical services that are transforming the pharmacy profession and industry;
- Econcile: A cost-effective way to assist pharmacy staff in managing third-party receivables and payments on prescription claims, all with secure online reporting; and
- MyDataMart: A comprehensive business intelligence tool that unlocks the power of pharmacy data to pinpoint specific opportunities to drive better business results and improve patient care.
- Match: A Medicare Part D plan comparison tool that helps pharmacy patients to quickly find and select the best plan for their healthcare needs and budget;
- Medication Synchronization: The appointment-based solution that empowers pharmacies to improve adherence and drive script growth by aligning refill pickups to one monthly visit;
- CareScheduler: Automates the scheduling, patient communications and reporting for administering value-added services such as vaccines and point-of-care testing; and
- Impact: Helps lower DIR fees by identifying the patients that affect pharmacy performance measures the most, improving patient health outcomes and pharmacy business results.
- Personalized IVR: Personalized, automated communications providing patients anytime phone access to their pharmacy. Frees up pharmacy staff to focus on patient care and providing services that increase revenues and profitability; and
- Outbound Communications: Delivers real-time, automated messaging for things like pickup reminders and vaccine availability, using patients’ preferred channels (phone, SMS, email, etc.).