At its annual Self-Care Leadership Summit this week in Aventura, Fla., The Consumer Healthcare Products Association welcomed 19 new members since last year.
The new members include five manufacturers and 14 associate members — reflecting the broadening landscape in personal healthcare including over-the-counter medicines, dietary supplements and consumer medical devices, the company said.
Additionally, the association and CHPA Educational Foundation also elected several new board members and officers.
New manufacturer members include: Alliance Pharma, which makes OTC brands Vamousse and dietary supplement brands Amberen Menopause & Perimenopause Multi-Symptom Relief; Beurer North America, makers of consumer medical devices including nebulizers, blood pressure monitors, TENS/EMS devices and heating pads; Blueroot Health, which manufactures dietary supplement brands such as Vital Nutrients, Hyperbiotics Probiotics and Bariatric Fusion; Scholl’s Wellness, which makes OTC brands – including Scholl’s Clear Away Wart, Corn, Callus removers; Duragel Callus, Corn Remover; Ingrown Toenail; Liquid Corn and Callus Remover; and, One Step Corn Removers – as well as consumer medical device brand Dr. Scholl’s Insoles and Custom Fit Orthotics; and, Sea-Band, which produces OTCs including anti-nausea ginger gum and consumer medical devices like acupressure wrist bands.
“Companies interested in OTCs, supplements, and devices are increasingly finding a fit with CHPA’s vision of personal healthcare,” Scott Melville, president and CEO of CHPA, said, “and we’re thrilled to bring these companies on-board to help advance the association’s mission and to push the industry forward.”
New associate members who provide products and services to manufacturers include companies in the following areas:
- Clinical research and testing: Eurofins Food, Feed and Supplement and PPD;
- Brand strategy: Strategy Concepts;
- Data and analysis: Klick and Nailbiter;
- Marketing: 5by5;
- Nonprofits: American Dental Association and Dispensary of Hope;
- Packaging: Amcor;
- Private equity/venture capital: Houlihan Lokey and Oak View Point Partners;
- CMO: Premier Brands of America and Sofgen Pharmaceuticals; and
- Sales and marketing: Crossmark
Each year CHPA elects one-third of its board of directors, and newly elected board members include:
- Michelle Wang Goodridge, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health (chair of the Association);
- David Bankeroff, Alcon Laboratories;
- James Barickman, Infirst Healthcare;
- Peter Borsuk, Lansinoh Laboratories;
- Agustin Caceres, Genomma Lab USA;
- Glenn Davis, Competitive Promotion Report;
- John Ferris, Bausch + Lomb;
- Tim Grannan, Blistex;
- John Incledon, Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical;
- Lisa Paley, GSK Consumer Healthcare;
- Carlyn Solomon, Santa Cruz Nutritionals;
- Robert Sanders, IRI;
- Chris Tedesco, Reckitt;
- Bruce Weiss, Church & Dwight; and
- Daniel Yim, Kobayashi Consumer Products;
Two new board members were elected to the CHPA Educational Foundation:
- Helene Pamon, Sanofi Consumer Healthcare; and
- Saumya Mishra, Nestle Health Science.