Fontem’s myblu gets ‘Intense’
Fontem Ventures’ blu announced the national retail expansion of its myblu Intense Nicotine Salt Liquidpods.
Available in five flavors and two nicotine strengths, the product features Pyrisalt, a proprietary nicotine salt formulation that company officials said delivers a smooth but intense experience for adult smokers.
“Blu started nearly 10 years ago with the mission to exceeding the needs of adult smokers,” said Wayne Jones, senior vice president of sales at Fontem US. “We’re extremely confident the myblu device and myblu Intense liquid range takes blu another step forward on delivering for adult smokers. ”
Allan Swystun, trade activation manager at the company, said “the myblu liquidpod packs will have a suggested retail price of $9.99 — each pack including two liquidpods. We are also running a national introductory offer for qualifying retailers. Consumers can get a myblu Starter Kit for $1 with the purchase of any myblu Intense liquidpod pack — a savings of $18.99.”
Swystun said the company pans to offer awareness, promotion and smoker education to drive sales.
Elmhurst 1925 expands line of unsweetened nut milks
Elmhurst 1925 is expanding its portfolio of plant-based nut and grain milks.
The Elma, N.Y.-based company unveiled its new Unsweetened Milk Walnuts and Unsweetened Milk Cashews options, which are an extension of its unsweetened nut milk line crafted with walnuts and/or cashews and water.
“With the popularity of unsweetened plant milks growing, we knew it was the perfect time to extend our popular unsweetened line and offer two new additions, Unsweetened Milked Walnuts and Unsweetened Milked Cashews,” Peter Truby, vice president of marketing at Elmhurst, said. “Already part of our regular lineup of plant milks, we’re excited to introduce these new varieties with only two simple ingredients to consumers who love traditional walnut and cashew milks, but don’t want the added sugar.”
Both of the two new launches are crafted through a unique HydroRelase method, which, by using just water, separates the components of a nut, grain or seed before reassembling them as one of its beverages.
As with other products from the brand, the beverages do not contain added gums or emulsifiers, and also are certified vegan, gluten-free, Non-GMO Project Verified, dairy-free and OU kosher.
Elmhurst’s Unsweetened Milk Walnuts and Unsweetened Milk Cashews are available in 32-oz. cartons that carry a suggested retail price of $5.99. Both launches will hit the shelves of such retailers as Whole Foods Market, Walmart, Wegmans, Bristol Farms, Gelson’s, Publix, Fairway and more throughout fall.
Culture Republick focuses on creating better for you sweets
Culture Republick wants to change the way consumers indulge in sweet treats.
The Englewood Cliffs, N.J.-based brand, which is part of the Unilever portfolio, contains probiotics and is on a mission to support culture both inside and out, the company said.
“Culture Republick was created with a distinct purpose in mind,” Leslie Miller, marketing director of ice cream at Unilever, said. “We believe that humanity could use a bit more brightness. By combining our passions for culture and ice cream, we intend to do our part in making people feel more balanced, inspired and connected.”
In addition to changing the way consumers think of frozen treats, the company also partners with emerging artists and allows them to design a pint, which contains their signature and information on the back.
Culture Republik currently has seven flavors out on the market, which contain three billion live active cultures, 400 to 500 calories, 16 to 18 g of protein, 11 to 12 g of fiber and no artificial sweeteners, the company said. Featured flavors include:
- Milk & Honey, which features light ice cream swirled with wildflower, and pack art designed by Brooklyn-based artist, designer and woodworker Joe Geis;
- Turmeric Chai & Cinnamo, which features turmeric blended with a chai spice light ice cream and swirls of cinnamon streusel. It contains pack art designed by Brooklyn-based Sarah Dewlin;
- Cold Brew & Chocolate Chai, which features cold brew light ice cream made with Fair Trade Brazilian and Colombian coffee extract and chocolate chips. The pack art on the pint is designed by New York City-based artist Paulina Ho;
- Pistachio & Caramel, which contains chopped pistachios in a pistachio light ice cream and swirls of salty caramel. Its pack art was designed by New York City-based Teri Kaplan Triaglo;
- Lemon & Graham, which features lemon light ice cream, extra cocoa mixed with cherry light ice cream and Fair Trade Bordeaux cherry chunks. Its pack art was created by UX/UI Portland, Ore.-based Hawnuh Lee; and
- Matcha & Fudge, which balances matcha tea with cane sugar, cream and swirls of fudge. The pack art was designed by Brooklyn, N.Y.-based visual artist Fiona Chinkan.
Culture Republick is available for purchase at select retailers for a retail price that ranges from $3.99 to $4.99. A store locator can be found on the company’s website, where further information also is located.