Old Spice caters to beards with new collection
Old Spice is getting down with the beards.
The Cincinnati-based company, part of the Procter & Gamble portfolio of brands, unveiled its new Beard Care Collection, which is its first-ever venture into the space.
Containing such items as beard oil, balm, conditioner and wash, the collection’s main goal is to help consumers achieve the beard of their dreams, the company said.
“Beards: they’re not just for lumberjacks, pirates and 19th-century psychiatrists any more! Nearly a third of American men are now sporting facial hair, and Old Spice is a legendary brand for helping guys navigate the seas of masculinity,” John Brownlee, Old Spice’s brand director at Procter & Gamble, said. “As the No. 1 selling antiperspirant/deodorant and body wash brand for guys of all ages, Old Spice can now help with serious beardness.”
To help spread the word of its new products, Old Spice partnered with the NFL’s Jason Kelce of the Philadelphia Eagles and Travis Kelce of the Kansas City Chiefs, who also are brothers, to star in a new campaign, titled “The Old Spice Guys’ Grooming Guidance for Guys with Beards.”
In addition, the Kelce brothers also penned a beard poem book, titled “The Old Spice Guys’ Grooming Guidance Guide for Guys with Beards and Other Poems,” which is available for purchase on Amazon and will have proceeds donated to charity organizations committed to improving men’s health, the company said.
The full line of Old Spice’s Beard Care collection includes:
- The Old Spice beard collection grooming kit, which contains oil, balm, conditioner and wash, retails for $49.99;
- The Old Spice beard wash, which washes out dirt and grime, retails for $12.99;
- The Old Spice beard conditioner, which softens beards, retails for $12.99;
- The Old Spice beard balm, which helps consumers create a sculpted beard, retails for $12.99; and
- The Old Spice beard oil, which nourishes beards, retails for $12.99.
All products within the collection are now available for purchase exclusively on Amazon. Further information on the products can be found on the company’s website or social media channels.
No comments found