SingleCare, a leading prescription savings service, has announced the winners of its third annual Best of the Best Pharmacy Awards, recognizing the pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, interns, and pharmacy teams that went above and beyond in helping their communities stay healthy.
This year’s awards generated thousands of nominations from SingleCare customers across the country and 25 winners in total have been recognized, including the top pharmacist, pharmacy technician, and pharmacy teams.
The common thread among winners is their dedication to customer service and willingness to go beyond the call of duty to serve their customers, including personally delivering prescriptions to customers at home, taking classes to learn another language to better serve patients, and hosting community vaccine clinics.
[Read more: Heroes of the Industry: Saluting front-line workers]
Jennifer Bourgeois of Market Street Pharmacy in McKinney, Texas, received the award of Best Pharmacist, thanks to receiving dozens of nominations acknowledging her tireless efforts to help her customers, with kindness and empathy, the company noted.
“SingleCare is proud to recognize these exceptional pharmacists and technicians that go the extra mile to help people access the prescriptions they need at a price they can afford,” said Rick Bates, CEO of RxSense and SingleCare. “The Best of the Best awards allow us to honor these trusted advisors who are front line heroes keeping our customers and their communities healthy.”
Top 10 Pharmacists in the U.S.:
- Jennifer Bourgeois, Market Street Pharmacy, McKinney, Texas — Best Pharmacist;
- Heidi Tuttle, Walgreens, Prairie Village, Kansas — Most Community-Focused Pharmacist;
- Lauren Castle, Walmart, Dayton, Ohio — Industry Leader Award;
- Eric Geyer, The Centers for Families and Children, Cleveland, Ohio— Most Influential Pharmacist;
- Marcie Quinn, Walgreens, Goldsboro, North Carolina — Best Pharmacy Mentor;
- Michele Lennox, CVS, Clearwater, Florida — Lifetime Achievement Award;
- Triet Nguyen, Safeway, Annandale, Virginia — Above and Beyond Award;
- Matthew Hershberger, Discount Drug Mart, Elyria, Ohio — Best Pharmacist for Service;
- Ross Overstreet, CVS, Venice, Florida — Best Pharmacist for Education; and
- Saleh Batroukh, Rite Aid, Portland, Oregon — Best New Pharmacist
Top 10 Pharmacy Technicians:
- Meagan O’Bryant, Meijer, Kalamazoo, Michigan — Best Pharmacy Technician;
- Naureen Alam, CVS, Leesburg, Virginia — COVID Cares Pharmacy Technician;
- Jisell Squires, Fred Meyer, Orchards, Washington — Customer Care Award;
- Mary Mendoza, Fry’s Pharmacy, Apache Junction, Arizona — Most Empathetic Pharmacy Technician;
- Rochell Sernec, Walgreens, Topeka, Kansas — Exceptional Service Award;
- Marika Mosley, Walgreens, Virginia Beach, Virginia — Best Technician for Savings;
- Megan Ann McGregor, CVS, Bristol, Rhode Island — Best Up-and-Coming Intern;
- Sarah Marie McCreight, H-E-B, San Antonio, Texas — Best Pharmacy Intern;
- Sidrah Alam, Wegmans, Leesburg, Virginia — Best Up-and-Coming Pharmacist; and
- Jasmine Walia, Walgreens, San Antonio, Texas — Best Intern for Education.
Top 5 Pharmacy Teams
- Walgreens #4187, Rio Rancho, New Mexico — Best Pharmacy Team;
- Giant Food Pharmacy #0363, Dundalk, Maryland — Best Pharmacy for Service;
- Walmart #1790, Monroe, Michigan — Best Pharmacy for Education;
- CVS #10181, East Hoover, Alabama — COVID Cares Team; and
- Walgreens #2284, Cocoa Beach, Florida — Friendliest Pharmacy Team.