Walmart intros Winemakers Selection collection
Walmart is tackling a whole new game.
The retailer recently announced the launch of its new Winemakers Selection collection, which includes everything from a Grenache and Sangiovese to Cabernet and Sauvignon.
Found exclusively on the shelves of 1,100 Walmart stores, the collection features wine from around the world, easy to read labels so consumers can find exactly what it is they are looking for and a price range of $10 to $16 per bottle.
Featured wines in the collection include:
- Cabernet Sauvignon, which is cultivated from Paso Robles in the heart of California’s wine region, features flavors of blackberries, cherries and plums; is best paired with red meats, stews and casseroles and carries an $11.96 price;
- Giovanni Da Verrazzano, which is sourced from Italy’s Tuscany region, contains a dry and fruity flavor, is best paired with roasted. Meats, game and rich tomato-based dishes, and also is valued at $11.96 per bottle;
- Chianti Reserva, which can be paired with red meat dishes, contains tannic, oak-aged, warm fresh and earthy flavors, stems from Italy’s oldest vineyard region and can be purchased for $15.96;
- Grenache Minervois Languedoc, which is sourced from the southern banks of Rhone River in the South of France, features fruity hints of smoke, pairs best with red meat dishes and is valued at $10.96 per bottle;
- Grenache Rose, which is produced in the Western Languedoc region of France, has fruity notes, is valued at $10.96 per bottle and pairs best with seafood dishes;
- Sangiovese Sanguis Jovis, which is cultivated from Tuscany, featured fruity aromas, pairs best with red meat dishes and is valued at $10.96 per bottle;
- Italian Red Blend, which comes from the Puglia, Abruzzo, Sicily and Veneto region in Italy, features notes of dark fruit, figs and coffee, is best paired with red meat dishes and is valued at $10.96;
- Sparkling Rose, which hails from France, contains a blend of fruit and acidity, pairs best with seafood dishes and is valued at $14.96;
- Montage Noire Francais Cabernet Franc, which is sourced from the Black Mountains in the South of France, contains a fruity flavor, paired best with roasted pork, chicken and goat cheese and is valued at $10.96; and
- Syrah Languedoc, which comes from Languedoc in France, contains a traditional red flavor, is best paired with red meat dishes and clocks in $10.96 per bottle.
Further information on the collection can be found on the retailer’s website.
No comments found