Food Lion to unveil improved shopping experience
Food Lion’s extensive remodeling effort continues.
Food Lion on August 29 will unveil a new and improved shopping experience for customers in the greater Norfolk, Va., market. The company made a $168 million capital investment in its 105 stores in the area this year. The initiative includes store remodeling, hiring 4,000 additional associates and giving back to local communities.
With the completion of Norfolk market, Food Lion has remodeled 649 of its 1,030 stores in the last four years. The retailer said it will continue to make enhancements to create a better shopping experience for customers across all stores and remodel additional stores in other markets.
Food Lion’s investment in the Norfolk area includes:
• Fully remodeled stores featuring new signage and groupings of like products, to make it easier to locate items faster;
• A more efficient checkout process, making it easier to get in and out;
• Improved quality and freshness of products throughout the store;
• Low prices on thousands of items across all departments;
• Expanded variety and assortment across all departments relevant to our customers in each store, such as more local produce in our “Local Goodness” section, an expanded variety of craft beer, limited reserve wines, and more local, natural, organic and gluten-free items;
Twelve of the 105 stores also feature walk-in garden coolers designed to keep produce fresher longer. Additionally, six stores include expanded deli departments that offer items such as handmade artisan pizza and premium coffee.
“We’ve created a new grocery shopping experience through the significant investments in our stores, customers, associates and communities,” said Meg Ham, president, Food Lion. “From our expanded variety and product assortment, newly reorganized stores, new signage to a more efficient check-out experience, every change we’ve made will make it easier for our customers to find fresh, quality products at affordable prices every day.”
As part of its grand re-opening celebrations, Food Lion partnering with the Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore and the Virginia Peninsula Food Bank to purchase two mobile pantries to help feed families in need in remote locations. The donations are part of Food Lion’s commitment to provide 500 million meals to individuals and families in need by the end of 2020 through Food Lion Feeds.
Food Lion, based in Salisbury, N.C., operates more than 1,000 stores in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states and employs more than 63,000 associates. It is part of Delhaize America.
No comments found