The world speaks: Experts offer views on the pharmacy industry
Change is a constant in the pharmacy industry. With ongoing fluctuation regarding how pharmacists are compensated for their services and even what those services are, the practice of pharmacy is transforming alongside care delivery demands.
To take the pulse of the industry, Drug Store News asked 11 pharmacy experts — including those in academia, pharmacy associations, generics companies, technology firms, and pharmacists working in the field — what opportunities and challenges they are experiencing, and what retailers need to do to be successful.
In the columns that follow, one thing is evident: all of the experts, many of whom have been in pharmacy for many decades, are very excited about where pharmacy is today and where it is headed.
- Embracing the opportunity accompanying change
- Automating a new care delivery model
- Creating a crystal clear pharmacist-patient relationship
- The potential promise of embracing telehealth tools
- Taking necessary steps for the future
- Networking to have pharmacy’s value recognized
- The biosimilars wave Is coming
- Educating patients, payers on value of pharmacy
- Provider status could strengthen the industry
- What if?
- There is no silver bullet for patient nonadherence
No comments found