WebMD Health and Walgreens partner on health-and-wellness offering
Pictured: Alex Gourlay (left) and David Schlanger
- Walgreens will incorporate into its digital experience and stores select WebMD content in various topic areas, including: allergy, healthy eating, skincare, fitness, healthy aging, emotional health, heart health, cold and flu, sleep and oral health. In addition, WebMD will make Walgreens' online prescription refill and transfer services and Healthcare Clinic appointment scheduling available across WebMD’s desktop and mobile offerings;
- Walgreens will offer its customers access to WebMD’s virtual wellness-coaching programs that help individuals maintain and improve their health through positive lifestyle choices and healthy behavior change. Participants will be able to enroll in programs that help with smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, exercise, stress management and emotional health, as well as in programs for managing conditions such as diabetes and heart disease; and
The companies plan to incorporate Walgreens' Balance Rewards for healthy choices program into the WebMD virtual-wellness coaching programs offered through Walgreens to incent members to participate in health-related activities. Walgreens' Balance Rewards for healthy choices helps people adopt healthy behaviors by earning Walgreens Balance Rewards loyalty program points through participation in health-related programs and tracking progress toward a goal.
The companies also plan to integrate Walgreens’ Balance Rewards for healthy choices program into WebMD’s Healthy Target mobile health improvement program to provide users the ability to earn Balance Rewards points for engaging in healthy behaviors. Available within WebMD’s mobile app for iPhone, Healthy Target allows individuals looking to develop sustainable health-conscious habits to upload biometric device data from activity trackers, wireless scales and glucometers and to receive tailored, physician-reviewed, contextually relevant content and motivational tips.
Mars Petcare debuts first innovation center in the U.S.
THOMPSON’S STATION, Tenn. — Mars Petcare has opened a state-of-the-art, Gold-LEED certified $110 million global innovation center in Thompson's Station, Tennessee. The new campus is the third Mars Petcare innovation center and first in the United States.
- The 39,904-sq.-ft. quality and innovation center houses research and development associates working in an office setting, in addition to a state-of-the-art microbiological and analytical laboratory.
- New technologies and products will be developed and produced on a small scale at the 56,589-sq.-ft. product development center before full-scale production is implemented throughout the company's manufacturing network.
- The 28,461-sq.-ft. pet feeding center is where the pets will live. It has circular kennels where dogs will live in pairs, as well as indoor/outdoor play areas for resident dogs and cats.
- The 10,302-sq.-ft. learning center features an interactive learning environment and Mars history museum for guests. The center also includes space for focus groups, a conference center, workout room and break areas for associates.