Lundberg Family Farms intros frozen rice, quinoa bowls
Lundberg Family Farms, a brand that focuses on creating organic rice and quinoa products grown in the U.S., has launched its latest innovation.
The Richvale, Calif.-based company is introducing consumers to its new line of Organic Grainspirations products, which features frozen bowls of rice and quinoa.
“Our new Organic Grainspirations frozen bowls offer consumers the ultimate in taste and convenience,” Grant Lundberg, CEO of Lundberg Family Farms, said. “Each bowl is packed with delicious wholegrains and veggies, and they’re already prepared, so it’s easy to warm in your microwave or oven.”
Made with the brand’s organic brown basmati rice and quinoa, each bowl offers 10 – 13 g of plant protein per serving, and also is vegan-friendly, USDA Organic certified and non-GMO verified, the company said.
Available in five flavors — beans and greens, veggie chorizo, Korean style chili, spicy southwestern style and vegetable Biryani style — each bowl retails for $5.99 each.
Jelly Belly creates magic with ‘Harry Potter’ collection
Jelly Belly is looking to bring some serious magic to consumers taste buds.
The Fairfield, Calif.-based company announced that it has partnered with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on a new line of “Harry Potter”-inspired products.
The seven series-inspired chocolate and gummy lines contain everything Potter fans would love, from Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans gift box to Chocolate Frog collectible cards. The complete lineup includes:
- Chocolate Wands, which come in replicas of the ones carried by Harry Potter, Albus Dumbledore, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, and include a sheet of spells;
- Chocolate House Crests, which includes four .25-oz. chocolates with crisped rice that’s molded in the shape of each Hogwart’s House Crest, and comes in 12-count cases;
- Chocolate Creatures, which features a .55-oz. chocolate with crisped rice that’s molded into the shape of one of six creatures or pets — Aragog, Crookshanks, Fang, Fluffy, Hedwig and Thestral — and includes collectible stickers. The packages are blind without a window, so the creature is a mystery until the bag is opened;
- Gummi Creatures, which come in four flavor combinations — cherry/lime, cherry/blueberry, blueberry/lime and lime/orange — and come in the form of Fang, Fluffy, Buckbeak, Hedwig and Aragog;
- Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans, which is filled such unusual flavors as Soap Black Pepper, Dirt, Candyfloss and Earwax. It comes in a 1.2-oz. flip top box, 1.9-oz. grab and go bag, and 4.25-oz. gift box, that also includes a flavor guide on each package;
- Chocolate Frogs, which contains a .55-oz. milk chocolate frog with crisped rice, and a lenticular collectible card featuring legendary witches and wizards from the Wizarding World; and
- Jelly Slugs, which come in five flavors — banana, pear, sour cherry, tangerine and watermelon — and are packaged in a 2.1-oz. grab and go bag.
The collection will be available for purchase in the fall. Further information on the line can be found on Jelly Belly’s website.
Halo Top’s pumpkin pie flavor makes its return
Halo Top is bringing back a fan-favorite flavor.
The Los Angeles-based company announced that it would be celebrating the return of fall by bringing its pumpkin pie flavor back to shelves.
In addition, the company also will be celebrating the first day of fall by giving consumers a chance to get their hands on a pint, for free, by printing out a coupon that can be redeemed at retailers nationwide on Sept. 22.
“We’re excited to bring back Pumpkin Pie for our fans, one of our most successful flavors from last fall,” Doug Bouton, president and COO of Halo Top Creamery, said. “It’s the perfect fall flavor, and now our fans can enjoy a free pint on us to welcome our favorite season of the year.”
The pumpkin spice-infused flavor, which also contains pie crust pieces, will be making its return from the beginning of September until the end of November at such retailers as Walmart, Kroger and Target.
Those interested in download a coupon to purchase a free pint of the flavor on Sept. 22 can do so by visiting the company’s website, where further product information also is located. Pre-orders of the pint also will be available online in September.