Friendly’s launches dessert inspired treats
Friendly’s is changing the way consumers can enjoy their sweets.
The Dallas-based company, which is part of the Dean Foods portfolio, is introducing consumers to its new line of individually-sized treats that are inspired by classic desserts.
Packaged in paper cups with clear dome lids, the Dessert Cups collection contains such ingredients as ice cream, cake, pie crust bits, vanilla wafer crumbs and fruit pieces.
“With the success of our Friendly’s Sundae Cup lineup, we saw an opportunity to create an even more sophisticated and innovative offering for the ultimate indulgence,” Mark Schneider, the marketing director of ice cream at Dean Foods, said. “By layering the best ingredients from traditional classic desserts into delicious individual mashups, we’re delivering deconstructed dessert classics that satisfy our consumers’ craving for variety, while amplifying the taste and quality they’ve come to expect from Friendly’s.”
Flavors featured in the collection include:
- Banana Cream Pie, which contains vanilla wafer crumbles, banana cream pie filling, French vanilla ice cream topped with marshmallow sauce and whipped topping;
- Strawberry Shortcake, which has pound cake crumbles, vanilla ice cream, strawberry sauce, whipped topping and white chocolate chips;
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge, which features chocolate peanut butter fudge truffles, chocolate ice cream, peanut butter, whipped topping and chocolate flakes;
- Blackberry Peach Pie, which has flakey pie crust pieces, peach pie filling, vanilla ice cream, blackberry sauce, whipped topping and streusel crumble;
- Red Velvet Cake, which contains red velvet cake crumbles, red velvet cake filling, cream cheese ice cream, whipped topping and red sprinkles; and
- Pecan Praline, which has praline coated pecan pieces, vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, whipped topping and roasted pecan bits.
Shoppers can find the Friendly’s Dessert Cups in the freezer aisle at select grocery retailers nationwide. Exact locations can be found via a store locator on the company’s website.
No comments found