Chobani unveils Gimmies line of Greek yogurt snacks
Chobani is making a major commitment to the kid’s yogurt aisle with the launch of its new Gimmies line of Greek Yogurt snack.
“Options today are lousy or impractical. It’s either junk food that parents don’t want their kids to eat or food that’s designed for adults that kids don’t want to eat. We wanted to break that cycle and it’s a challenge we took really seriously,” Hamdi Ulukaya, founder and CEO of Chobani, said. “As a parent, you know that food for kids has to be fun, it has to be delicious and most importantly, it has to be nutritious. And parents deserve nutritious options they can feel good about giving their kids.”
The Norwich, N.Y.-based company is rolling out 13 new flavors under the Gimmies platform, which will include Crunch, a product similar to the Chobani Flip format; yogurt milkshake drinks, pouches and tubes.
Gimmies products to be launched include:
- Crunch, which comes in the poppin’ cotton candy, choco chunk cookie dunk, best birthday ever, ooey gooey s’more and rainbow sprinkle cone varieties. It comes in a 4-oz. serving that retails for $1.25;
- Milkshakes, which are available in the bizzy buzzy strawberry, cookies and cream crush, and chillin’ mint chocolate flavors. It is available in a 4-oz. six pack that retails for $4.49;
- Tubes, which feature the super berry rocket, creamy orange dreamy and cherry set go options. It comes packaged in a 10-pack of 1.5-oz. serving sizes that retail for $4.29; and
- Pouches, which include the see ya later strawberry and bunch of bouncy grape varieties, and are available in a four-pack of 3.5-oz. servings that retail for $4.49.
Further information on the products, which are to be supported by an integrated campaign, can be found on Chobani’s website.
PepsiCo food, drinks get the holiday treatment
PepsiCo is once again looking to help consumers get in the holiday spirit by launching new snacks and beverages for a limited time.
The Purchase, N.Y.-based company’s full line of sweet treats includes:
- Quaker Gingerbread Spice Instant Oatmeal, which features a blend of 100% whole grain oats and gingerbread spices, comes in a 12.1-oz. size and retails for $3.79;
- Cap’n Crunch’s Christmas Crunch, which features holiday shapes and comes in an 18-oz. size that retails for $4.63;
- Quaker Gingerbread Spice Life Cereal, which has a touch of gingerbread and Quaker oats, comes in an 18-oz. size and retails for $4.63;
- Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Iced Espresso Classics, which contains espresso, milk, peppermint and chocolate, comes in a 40-fl-oz. multi-serve bottle that retails for $4.99;
- Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Ready-to-Drink Iced Latte, which features espresso, milk, chocolate and peppermint, that is wrapped in a festive single-serve 14-fl-oz. package that retails for $2.79;
- Mtn Dew Merry Mash-Up, which has a cranberry and pomegranate taste, and comes in a 20-fl-oz. size that retails for $1.99 and a 12-pack of 12-fl-oz. cans for $5.99;
- Mtn Dew Ice Cherry, which contains a lemon and lime flavor with a splash of cherry, and is available in a 12 pack of 12-fl-oz. cans that retail for $5.99, 20-fl-oz. bottles for $1.99 and 2l for $2.29;
- Bubly Holiday Pack, which features the strawberry and lime flavors, comes in a 16 pack of 12-fl-oz. cans that retail for $10.99, and is exclusive to Amazon and Walmart’s website;
- Pure Leaf Apple Cider Flavored Iced Tea, which is authentically brewed with black tea and apple cider, comes in a 5.9-fl-oz. bottle that retails for $2.59 and is exclusive to Target;
- Gaorade Gx, which allows consumers to personalize their fueling solutions and customize a bottle with their favorite name, team logo and hydration options through Jan. 18;
- Tropicana Coco Blends, which contains a mix of coconut water, and is available in the pineapple with coconut water flavor and peach passion fruit with coconut variety;
- Cracker Jack Holiday Sugar Cookie Popcorn, which features candy-coated popcorn with festive sprinkles, and comes in 4-oz. bags that retail for $1.89;
- Rold Gold Dipped Pretzels, which come in classic chocolate-dipped tiny twists or peppermint-dipped snowflake flavors, and are packaged in a 8.5-oz. size that retails for $3.99;
- Rold Gold Holiday Rings, which features pretzel circles that can easily be made into chocolate treats, and come packaged in a 15-oz. size that retails for $3.99; and
- Rold Gold Festive Shapes, which come in the snowflake, tree, candy cane and bell shapes, are offered exclusively at Walmart and come in a 10-oz. size that retails for $3.99.
Further information on the products can be found on PepsiCo’s website.
Dove Chocolate’s new bars remix classic flavors
Dove Chocolate is preparing consumers for the holiday season by unveiling its new line of sweets. Containing flavors inspired by the latest culinary trends, the new collection also features classic milk and dark chocolate varieties.
The new flavors from the Hackettstown, N.J.-based company include:
- Bourbon Vanilla Dark Chocolate, which contains bourbon vanilla swirled through Dove Dark Chocolate;
- Salted Caramel Blonde Chocolate, which features a blend of white and milk Dove chocolate and notes of caramel and sea salt;
- Raspberry Rosé Dark Chocolate, which has a pink layer of raspberry and rosé over Dove’s dark chocolate; and
- Almond Brittle Milk Chocolate, which contains toffee and almond pieces in Dove milk chocolate.
“Our chocolate-loving consumers are always looking to up the ante with their treats,” Leslie Philipsen, brand director at Dove Chocolate, said. “We challenged ourselves to bring creative, culinary-inspired flavors like salted caramel and bourbon vanilla and pair them with our signature silky smooth chocolate. We want this new Dove taste experience to give our fans a whole new reason to fall in love with chocolate.”
The new 3.3-oz. Dove Chocolate Bars will retail for $1.99 beginning this December.