Whole Foods celebrates Beauty Week with trend compilation
Whole Foods Market is celebrating its 2019 Beauty Week by unveiling a list of the top trends within the category, compiled by its global beauty buyers and experts.
During the retailer’s Beauty Week, from March 27 to April 2, its selection of makeup, facial care, hair care, nail polish, perfume and makeup brushes will be 25% off and be an additional 10% off for Prime members,
In addition, limited edition beauty bags — valued at $100 — will be available in limited quantities for $20 each, beginning March 29. Shoppers will be able to choose between the All-Day Beautiful Bag or Self-Care Sunday bag that contain new and trending products in a handmade Queen Alaffia bag.
Whole Foods’ trend predictions include:
- Superfood beauty features all things green — spirulina, avocado, green tea, matcha and kale — in face masks, body care and hair care;
- Beauty from Within encompasses products geared towards consumers looking for healthier skin, hair and nails. Essential fatty acids and collagen are two ingredients now found in powders, chews and shots that can be added into drinks;
- Vegan Cosmetics are not tested on animals and have been picking up speed within the industry due to consumer demand;
- Sleep supporters, which is being approached in a more holistic way, can be used by either making a soothing beverage, taking a bath or relaxing with a face mask at the end of the day; and
- Microbiome-Friendly leaves good existing bacteria on the skin with prebiotics and microbiome products.
Whole Foods Market bans more than 100 ingredients found in conventional body care products, including phthalates, microbeads, triclosan, BHT, BHA and aluminum chlorohydrate, the company said.
No comments found