Wedderspoon intros Manuka honey skin care line
Wedderspoon is introducing a new innovative skin care line that is specifically infused with manuka honey, organic oils and plant extracts.
The brand’s new lineup includes various products that boost hydration and leave skin looking radiant, the company said. Featured in the launch are:
- The Manuka Honey Hydrating Day Cream, which hydrates, preps skin, contains lemon fruit extract and retails for $22.99;
- The Manuka Honey Gentle Facial Cleanser, which contains aloe leaf juice, blueberry fruit extract, avocado oil and can be purchased for $21.99;
- The Manuka Honey Renewing Body Lotion, which features notes of aloe and green tea, revitalizes skin and retail for $24.99;
- The Manuka Honey and Shea Butter Moisturizing Hand Cream, which combines manuka honey with organic shea butter and vanilla, and can be purchased for $21.99; and
- The Manuka Honey and Shea Butter Exfoliating Sugar Scrub, which is infused with calendula oil and retails for $24.99.
“Manuka Honey is one of the world’s most versatile raw superfoods, and our founding vision has always been to advance the category through innovations that offer a variety of ways to enjoy Manuka Honey,” Rebecca Remley, CEO of Wedderspoon, said. “We believe Manuka Honey has the power to awaken energized living, and our new product lines were created through this guiding lens. Starting with Manuka at the core, we’re amplifying the inherent wellness properties of this unique food with on-trend ingredients like adaptogenic herbs, probiotics, apple cider vinegar — and in our skincare line, organic Shea butter and organic botanicals. We’re buzzing with excitement to share these innovations with retailers and consumers alike, and put Manuka Honey on the map in a way that hasn’t been done before.”
Wedderspoon’s products are available for purchase at specialty, natural and such traditional grocers as Whole Foods Market, Wegmans, Publix, Sprouts, CVS, and Amazon.
Goodwipes help consumers feel fresh
Goodwipes, makers of premium wet wipes that are convenient and eco-friendly, have hit the shelves of 2,000 CVS stores.
The brand, which prides itself on helping consumers feel fresh AF and has a line of products for both men and women, will now have several of its products displayed in the women’s wellness sector.
“CVS checked the box on many levels not limited to: focus on health, engaging youthful audiences, positive missions and messaging,” Sam Nebel and Charlie Siciak, co-founders of Goodwipes, said. “It’s really a home run and we’re delighted to serve the on-the-go gal with them.”
Goodwipes will offer consumers its premium personal products as part of the in-store launch, along with its recently launched flushable feminine cleansing wipes, Down There Wipes for Gals.
Each of the wipes is pH balanced, hypoallergenic, paraben and alcohol-free, and comes in lite lavender and shea coco scents that are available in 16 count boxes of individually wrapped single sachets for $3.99, the company said.
“Consumers, millennials especially, are rejecting grandpa’s toilet paper, grandma’s douche, and ugly crappy products with ugly packaging. It’s almost like they’re allergic to it! They want fresh. They want eco-friendly. They want to feel good about the brands they are choosing to align themselves with,” Nebel and Siciak said. “Big dinosaur brands are losing this battle and we’re simply doing or job by satisfying active, busy, hygiene-conscious people when and where they need it most.”
Down There Wipes for Gals also are formulated with Aloe, vitamin E, can be used daily by those who have sensitive skin, the company said.
Further information on the wipes or on the brand can be found on Goodwipes’ website.
Avon’s Bug Guard collection protects against Lyme Disease
Now that summer is in full swing, mosquito and tick season also is on the rise.
That is where Avon steps in with its Skin So Soft Bug Guard collection, which features insect repellent, DEET-free bug sprays and lotions that also help protect against Lyme Disease-carrying ticks, mosquitoes, gnats, no-see-ums, sand flies and biting midges, the company said.
Each of the SPF-enhanced formulas is also waterproof and also provides protection against ticks that may carry or transmit Lyme Disease and mosquitoes that may carry and transmit the Zika, West Nile, Dengue, and Chikungunya viruses.
“Bug-transmitted illnesses like Lyme disease are always a cause for serious concern this time of year,” Debi Theis, vice president, merchant, marketing and product development at New Avon, said. “It’s important to focus on tick prevention and protective care against bugs and bites so adults and children can continue to enjoy outdoor activities. With Avon’s Skin So Soft Bug Guard formulas, consumers can rest assured that they’re experiencing maximum insect repellency through formulas that are safe for the whole family.”
The line features bug repellent with sunscreen including:
- The Bug Guard Plus IR2424 Expedition Pump Spray SPF 30, which repels deer ticks for 10 hours and mosquitoes for 8 hours, and comes in a 4-oz. size and 8-oz. family size;
- The Bug Guard Plus IR2424 Expedition Aerosol Spray SPF28, which drives away deer ticks for 12 hours and mosquitoes for 8 hours;
- The Bug Guard Plus Picaridin Pump Spray, which comes in a 4-oz. size, and repels deer ticks for 12 hours, mosquitoes for 8 hours and also comes in an 8-oz. family size;
- The Bug Guard Plus Picaridin Towelettes, which keep deer ticks away for 12 hours, mosquitoes for 8 hours and come in re-sealable bags that hold 8 packets;
- The Bug Guard Plus Aerosol Spray, which comes in a 4-oz. size and repels deer ticks for 7 hours and mosquitoes for 6 hours;
- The Bug Guard IR3535 Gentle Breeze SPF 30 Lotion, which protects against a broad range of insects; and
- The Bug Guard IR3535 Cool ‘N Fabulous SPF 30 Lotion Disappearing Color, which goes on blue and disappears when rubbed onto the skin.
All of the brand’s insect repellent formulas are dermatologist-tested, DEET-free, PABA-free and contain vitamin E.