Shiseido’s CEO takes on additional role
Shiseido, Limited announced a new strategy that will allow the company to realize sustainable growth.
Part of that strategy includes the company’s chief executive officer, Marc Rey, adding to his responsibilities by taking on the newly established chief officer growth role.
In addition to his current CEO responsibilities, Rey now also will oversee global M & A for the company in collaboration with its Tokyo headquarters. The Technology Acceleration Hub in Cambridge, Ma., also will report to Rey, the company said.
“There has never been a more exciting time in the beauty industry. A strong M&A strategy with continued development of new technologies is what keeps growth sustainable. Indeed, engagement and intimacy with the consumer will bring long-term value to the Group. This enhanced structure, with M & A and technology as our key enablers, will help us to more proactively seek new business partnerships, while keeping technological innovation at the core of everything we do,” Marc Rey, CEO of Shiseido Americas and Shiseido Chief Growth Officer, said. “I am honored to spearhead these important growth strategies and continue building on the momentum Uotani-san has created over the past few years, harnessing the potential of emerging technologies, business models and brands. The very definition of beauty is being reinvented, and we are thrilled to be at the forefront of these transformations, helping to define the future of beauty.”
To support Rey’s efforts in identifying opportunities for growth organically and through strategic acquisitions, the company’s current chief financial officer, Ron Gee has been named the new Global M & A for Shiseido.
“Shiseido is in the second phase of our Vision 2020 strategy, and we remain firmly committed to global growth in our portfolio through digital acceleration, new business development and new value creation through innovation, acquisitions and partnerships. During his tenure, Marc has led, with great success, acquisitions in both technology and traditional beauty which are helping to pave the way for Shiseido’s future growth toward 2020 and beyond,” Masahiko Uotani, president and CEO of Shiseido, said. “With Marc as Chief Growth Officer, we are ensuring that sustained growth remains at the forefront of our company’s strategy. With the support of a global M&A group headed by Ron, we are squarely focused on putting external growth at the core of our business strategy in the near and long term. I am confident that with this dedicated team in place, Shiseido will successfully enter the next chapter of our transformation. I’m also pleased to have Jim Mainard lead our Technology Acceleration Hub. Jim’s valuable expertise and experience will help us define how we build technology as a competitive advantage. I look forward to seeing the great impact this team has moving forward.”
Rey will continue to be the global brand holder for the NARS, Laura Mercier and bareMinerals brands.
Spascriptions unveils metallic face masks that wash off
For those looking for the perfect self-care Instagrammable moment, Spascriptions has the product to help.
The brand unveiled several new Metallic Wash Off Face Masks, which are available in convenient three packs.
Featured masks in the packs include:
- The Pore Minimizing Metallic Mask, which contains blue marine algae to help even out complexions and clean and detoxify pores; eucalyptus to destroy bacteria clogging pores; and aloe vera to soothe and moisturize skin;
- The Calming Metallic Mask, which has dead sea salts and minerals to draw out dirt and impurities and helps peel away dead skin cells, uses baking soda for its antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties; and diamond to improve skin brightness and clarity;
- The Nourishing Metallic Mask, which features algae to exfoliate and deliver antioxidant protection; tea tree to control oil and acne prone skin; and seaweed to help soothe and smooth skin;
- The Purifying Metallic Mask, which contains charcoal to draw out deep-dwelling dirt; volcanic ash to absorb sebum, cleanse and purify skin; and kaolin clay to capture dirt, oil and impurities from clogged pores;
- The Age Defying Metallic Mask, which has collagen to help revive skin elasticity and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; CoQ10 to provide an energy source for cellular renewal; and hyaluronic acid for water retention and skin hydration; and
- The Glowing Metallic Mask, which features gold to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; manuka honey to hold in moisture; and royal jelly to treat dry and damaged skin.
The masks, available for purchase at Walmart, H-E-B, on Amazon and Global Beauty Care’s website, come in a three-pack that retails for $13.99 or individual 5-oz. tubes for $8.99.
Plackers unveils limited-edition apple cinnamon flossers
Plackers is getting into the fall spirit.
The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based company, which specializes in dental flossers, unveiled its new limited-edition apple cinnamon flavored product.
Crafted with sweet apple and spicy cinnamon flavors, the product looks to help provide a cleaning right after a Thanksgiving meal or a round of caramel apples, the company said.
“Our flossers continue to be a fan favorite, and as the No. 1 flosser brand in the United States, we are always challenging ourselves to bring our users fresh and exciting new products,” Don Cumming, global brand director at Plackers, said. “Apple Cinnamon flossers are a great-tasting way to keep your smile looking and feeling confident, whether you’re at home or on the go, for access to healthy teeth throughout the fall season and into the new year.”
Available in Plackers’ new Sure-Zip packaging, which ensures a spill-free experience, the flossers can be found on the company’s website in a 60-count pack that retails for $2.
“As innovators in the dental flosser space, it’s exciting for us to announce this never-been-done seasonally flavored product,” Cumming said. “We saw the opportunity to expand our product line based on continued love for seasonal-themed and flavored products. We look forward to continuing our efforts in creating unique and great-tasting products, so our users will have more ways to confidently smile like everyone’s watching.”