Sephora revamps its Beauty Insider program
Changes are coming to Sephora’s Beauty Insider rewards program.
The San Francisco-based beauty retailer announced several updates to the program, which include new gift offerings and perks.
“Since its launch in 2007, Beauty Insider has provided members with countless opportunities to receive more value and engage with their favorite brands and products in a way that only Sephora can offer,” Allegra Stanley, vice president of loyalty for Sephora, said. “Our aim is to continuously adapt and grow our Beauty Insider program as clients’ needs and wants evolve. We are on a multi-year journey focused on raising the bar on client excitement and engagement in a prestige beauty loyalty program.”
Changes to the program include:
- Birthday Gifts for All, which allows members of its three program tiers — Insider, VIB and Rouge — choose a free gift from Drunk Elephant that includes its Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser and Protini Polypeptide; and Kat Von D Beauty that features its Tattoo Liner, Lock-It Setting Powder and a Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick packette; that will be available to members year-round;
- Special birthday perks for VIB and Rouge members will include a third option on the new Birthday Boutique during the client’s birthday, which includes Milk Makeup’s Kush Mascara and Cooling Water. Members may also opt out of receiving a free gift and instead add 250 bonus points to their account;
- Celebration gift options by tier, which allows those at the VIB and Rouge levels, personalize their program perks. Rogue members may add 750 points to their accounts and VIB can add 500. Members also get shareable makeovers, with those at the Rogue level opting to share four Makeup Deluxe full-face makeover experiences with friends, which are values at $200, over the year; and VIB members may keep or share two makeovers valued at $100. With online orders, Rogue members may choose free flash two-day shipping and VIB members may elect to receive free shipping on orders over $35;
- Points will multiply, with Insiders receiving one point per $1, VIB members receiving 1.25 points per $1 and VIB getting 1.5 points per $1. In addition, each month the Rewards Bazaar will allow members to exchange their points for a variety of trial-sized products and sets. VIB and Rogue also has the option to redeem points for full-sized products monthly, with Rogue earning 2,500 points per a $100 reward. Every Tuesday and Thursday, new rewards are to be added to the Rewards Bazaar;
- Full-face makeovers are to become available to Rogue members with no minimum purchase, and can be booked on Sephora’s website, app or by calling a local location; and
- The Beauty Insider Community, which aims to help beauty enthusiasts find inspiration, ask questions and get recommendations in an unsponsored social setting.
“Not only are we offering more rewards, but we are offering more choice at every rewards moment to make her journey feel personal,” Andrea Zaretsky, senior vice president of CRM and Loyalty for Sephora, said. “These exciting new benefits are intended to give Beauty Insiders more of what they love, and underscore our appreciation for our most loyal clients.”
Cai Para Mi unveils cosmetic line
Cai Para Mi, a new line of beauty products created with the Latin consumer in mind, unveiled its new collection of products.
Founded by Ralph Mandil, the line features cruelty-free cosmetics that are formulated with olive, yellow and brown undertones, the company said.
“We’re very excited to launch CAI Para Mi, the first cosmetic brand created specifically with the Latina woman in mind,” founder Ralph Mandil, said. “For too long, the cosmetic industry has taken these women for granted. CAI strives to give them their own voice, confidence and power to feel beautiful every day. To me nothing is more beautiful than a confident woman.”
Containing such products as foundation, concealer, bronzer, highlighter, blush, eyeshadow and lipstick, the beauty brand also has named Dominican singer and songwriter, Natti Natasha as its latest spokesperson.
“No one embodies the Latina of today more than Natti Natasha,” Mandil said. “She serves as an inspiration for Latinas everywhere with her hard work, dedication, and unwavering commitment to beauty. We’re proud to have her as the face of CAI Para Mi’s introduction into the industry.”
Cai Para Mi’s range of beauty products will begin to appear on the shelves of CVS and Target beginning February 2019.
Shoppers Drug Mart to pilot Beauty Clinic locations
Canada’s Shoppers Drug Mart announced that it will be opening a new pilot store — Beauty Clinic by Shoppers Drug Mart — that will be dedicated to cosmetic and dermatology services.
“Our customers expect us to offer the latest beauty products and services to meet their needs,” Rachel Huckle, senior vice president of Shoppers Drug Mart, said. “With our expertise in both the health and beauty business, offering cosmetic treatments feels like a natural step for us. At the Beauty Clinic, customers can go beyond the beauty counter to a truly holistic luxury beauty experience.”
The location, which is set to be overseen by experienced nurse practitioners, will provide consumers with one-on-one consultations and such select services and treatments as cosmetic injections, dermal fillers, microdermabrasion, peels and a variety of laser services.
“Our research shows these types of cosmetic procedures are second only to manicures and pedicures,” Huckle said. “But it’s important that treatments are done by trusted professionals. Shoppers Drug Mart is currently the leading destination for beauty and skincare products and our customers trust in the quality of our products and services. We know our customers and can provide a safe, high-quality experience for them.”
The first location is open to the public at the Shops on Dundas location, and a second is to open in Toronto at the Shops at Don Mills in 2019.