Art of Sport caters to athletes’ skin care needs
Art of Sport is making its debut with some major star power.
The brand, which was founded by Matthias Metternich, was created to address the skin care needs of athletes.
Developed with the help of leading skin care scientists and insight from its athlete partners, the Los Angeles-based line features everything from deodorant and body wash to sunscreen.
“Everything from what athletes wear and consume to how they recover has continued to evolve,” Metternich, said. “We didn’t see anyone transferring that same level of innovation and consideration into what athletes apply on their skin. By working with the best scientists and best athletes, we’ve created body and skin care products that can keep up with the performance needs of athletes at all levels.”
In addition to Metternich, NBA champion and Academy Award winner Kobe Bryant joined the team as a founding partner. He will advise on all aspects of the business with a focus on brand-building and storytelling.
In addition to Bryant, Art of Sport also partnered with 2016 World Series champion Javier Báez, professional surfer Sage Erickson, NBA MVP James Harden, champion motocross and supercross racer Ken Roczen, X-Games gold medalist Ryan Sheckler, and NFL wide receiver Juju Smith-Schuster.
The brand’s complete lineup, which is made without aluminum, parabens, PABA, alcohol, talc, petrolatum or oil, includes:
- Deodorant, which goes on clear and contains motion-activated odor-blocking technology, made with matcha and arrowroot;
- Antiperspirant, which also is motion and odor activated with sweat blocking technology. It features an anti-stain formula and is made with matcha and arrowroot;
- Hair + Body Wash: 2-in-1 cleanses, moisturizes and hydrates. It contains aloe vera, tea tree oil and roseroot as ingredients;
- The Body Bar made with activated charcoal, shea butter and tea tree oil; and
- Skin Armor Sunscreen SPF 50 Lotion hydrates and protects skin. It also provides 80 minutes of water resistance and also has a reef-friendly formula.
All of Art of Sport’s products come in three scents — compete, which contains notes of citrus, green pear and spring leaves; rise, which features cedar, orange and vanilla scents; and challenge, which has fir needle, basil and sandalwood notes.
“An athlete, at any level, is always focused on how to improve,” Bryant said. “With Art of Sport, the goal is simple — provide innovative body care products designed for sports performance. We brought together the best minds in skin care to develop products that allow athletes to stay focused on competition.”
Products range from $8.95 to $13.95 and can be found on the company’s website, as well as Amazon.
No comments found