African Pride intros Black Castor Miracle collection
African Pride is looking to help women change the way they care for their hair before, during and after wearing such protective styles as braids, locs, weaves and wigs, with its new collection.
The Black Castor Miracle line, which contains eight products, was formulated with black castor oil, coconut water, jojoba, tea tree, peppermint, coconut and soybean oils, coconut milk and shea butter, the Savannah, Ga.-based company said.
“Through our research, we know that within the past 12 months, more than 65% of African American women have worn their hair in a protective style,” Kendria Strong, the director of marketing at African Pride, said. “We also know that consumers experience breakage and damage while wearing these styles due to lack of knowledge around proper hair care so we made sure that Black Castor Miracle products were simple, multi-functional and created with the highest quality ingredients to help them protect what’s theirs.”
The line looks to moisturize and prep, style and protect, refresh and seal, and takedown and detangle while nourishing hair and scalp. Featured products in the collection include:
- Prep & Leave-In Moisturize Butter, which moisturizes and preps hair before being placed in a protective style, and contains a blend of black castor oil, shea butter and jojoba oil to provide hydration;
- Anti-Humidity Heat Protection Spray, which provides 400°F heat protection, guards against damage when blow drying, flat-ironing or straightening leave out, weaves and edges, and is crafted with a keratin complex that blocks humidity, seals in shine and keeps hair straight for up to 2 weeks;
- Braid, Loc & Twist Gel, which smooths frizz and fly-aways, boosts shine, can be used to slick edges and leaves braid, locs and twists both neat and smooth;
- Hold & Cover Black Edge Gel, which slicks edges, temporarily covers gray hairs and fills in thinning edges or part lines;
- Braid & Scalp Cleansing Rinse, which uses a blend of micellar water, black castor, coconut and peppermint oils to cleanse and condition hair, edges and scalp during braided styles and under weaves. It also does not cause frizz, soothes the scalp and calms itching;
- Hair & Scalp Sealing Oil, which locks moisture into hair strands, improves moisture retention, conditions hair, soothes the scalp, calms itching and prevents dryness;
- Moisture & Detangling Masque, which softens, conditions and removes knots or buildup from dry and tangled hair after being worn in braided, weaved and other protective styles; and
- Moisture Restore Treatment, which is a deep conditioning treatment that is infused with coconut milk and shea butter to hydrate and restore moisture to dry and damaged hair.
Items in the Black Castor Miracle collection are priced between $4.49 to $4.99, and can be found on the shelves of beauty supply stores nationwide.
No comments found