Yasso expands flavor offerings
BOSTON — Yasso, a frozen Greek yogurt brand, announced the introduction of five new flavors to its line of products. Peanut Butter Cup, Mint Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Fudge, Dark Chocolate Raspberry and Sea Salt Caramel will join Yasso’s six existing flavors. Yasso’s line is available at more than 14,000 grocery stores across the nation.
"We listen closely to our fans: they don’t want to sacrifice flavor, but they still aim to maintain a healthy lifestyle every day. This led us to five new traditional ice cream flavors that are made the Yasso way, with only natural ingredients and real Greek yogurt," Yasso co-founder Drew Harrington said. "We are extremely excited to introduce five delicious new Yasso flavors that remain true to our core values of taste, quality and nutrition — they are the perfect everyday snack."
Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt bars are offered in packs of four and in larger packs at club stores. Beginning Feb. 14, all of Yasso’s new flavors will be available with a suggested retail price of $4.99 to $5.49.
General Mills rolls out new products
MINNEAPOLIS — General Mills has launched more than 50 new items in the United States, with dozens more to launch in international markets.
Some of the new offerings include:
- Multi Grain Cheerios Dark Chocolate Crunch and Chocolate Toast Crunch, which debut four years after the successful launch of Chocolate Cheerios;
- Cascadian Farm Graham Crunch, an organic cereal that features graham squares made of wheat, rice and oats;
- Nature Valley Breakfast Biscuits, which are available in two varieties — blueberry and honey — and pack at least 26 g of whole grain, 5 g of protein and 4 g of fiber per serving;
- Yoplait Greek 100 will add four new flavors to the product line, which include apple pie, blueberry, strawberry banana and strawberry cheesecake; and
- Chex Chips, which feature 25% less fat that regular potato ships and are available in flavors like caramelized onion, cheddar jalapeno, cinnamon and sugar, and wasabi.
“We are focused on the quality of our new product innovation, and have a strong slate of new products to bring consumers more of what they want,” said Peter Erickson, SVP innovation, technology and quality for General Mills. “Consumers have unwavering high standards for food. They want products that deliver on quality, taste, health, convenience and value, but at the same time they want more. More flavor, more fun, more nutrition. The more we connect with consumers to truly understand their most significant needs, the better we are able to bring remarkable new products to market.”
Nestlé expands Valentine’s Day collection with new kits
GLENDALE, Calif. — Nestlé USA announced expansions to its seasonal Valentine’s Day collection, which includes cards kits filled with Nestlé-branded treats.
“This year, Nestlé has created some very special treats for Valentine’s Day that go above and beyond just candy or cards,” Tricia Bowles, spokeswoman for Nestlé USA Confections and Snacks, said. “We’re helping Mom create the perfect classroom exchange kits including an extensive lineup of convenient, affordable and special treats with activities that are perfect for school exchanges, snacking and parties.”
The new assortment of Valentine’s Day card exchange kits include:
- Wonka Mix-Ups Treat Bag Kit, 24 pouches: The Mix-Ups kit includes stickers, Valentine-themed pencils and a variety of Wonka candy, including Nerds, SweeTARTS and Laffy Taffy. SRP $8.98;
- Wonka Nerds in Disguise Candy and Card Kit: Each package includes a package of Nerds in a new mystery flavor. SRP $3.29. Available exclusively at Target;
- Raisinets Treat and Card Kit, 20 pouches: A card kit filled with real fruit pieces of raisins and covered in milk chocolate. SRP $4.99. Available exclusively at Target; and
- Wonka Lik-M-Aid Fun Dip Mystery Flavor Valentine Exchange Kit: This 24-piece exchange kit includes packets designed to double as Valentine’s Day cards. Available exclusively at Target.
Other Valentine’s Day products offered by the company include Nestlé Crunch and Butterfinger Hearts, 35-piece Chocolate and Sugar Exchange Bag, Nestlé Chocolate Minis Bag, 36-piece Valentine Nerd, and the 40-piece WONKA Mix-Ups Treat Size Bag.