Sunscreen with a ‘Mission’
NEW YORK —Mission Skincare, which was founded by more than a dozen leading athletes, has signed the first-ever sunscreen license with MLB Properties.
As part of the partnership, Mission Skincare has developed for spring its new Anti-Sting SPF 30+ Facesticks, SPF 15 lip balms and a Kids All-Sport continuous spray SPF 50+.
To develop the line, athletes teamed up with scientists and doctors to create sunscreens that boast antisting technology, ultra-sweat-proof properties and fast-drying ingredients that are paraben and preservative free.
The products are sold at select sports-specialty and health-and-beauty retailers, including CVS/pharmacy, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Finish Line and Sport Chalet.
Mission Skincare, the first and only line of athlete-engineered skin care products, was founded in 2008 by a group of athletes, including New York Mets’ David Wright, tennis pro Serena Williams and basketball pro Steve Nash.
Almay names Kate Hudson global brand ambassador
NEW YORK Revlon has announced that its Almay brand has named Kate Hudson as its newest global brand ambassador.
Hudson will be the face of new and existing Almay products and will appear in global multi-media campaigns that include television, print, in-store and Web placements. Her first television and print campaign for the brand is set to debut later this year.
“We are thrilled to welcome Kate to the Almay family. She is smart, confident and vivacious. Her energy and youthful spirit are contagious — Kate is a perfect ambassador for the Almay brand,” stated Revlon president and CEO Alan T. Ennis.
In addition to being featured in upcoming global advertising campaigns, Hudson will be involved in various company-sponsored philanthropic and fundraising events.
She will represent the brand at the Almay Rainforest Concert on Thursday, May 13th at Carnegie Hall in New York City. The concert benefits The Rainforest Foundation, founded by Sting and Trudie Styler to support indigenous and traditional people of the world’s rainforests in their efforts to protect their environment.
Alba Botanica to roll out Natural Acnedote
NEW YORK Alba Botanica will be shipping in June its new acne-fighting collection, dubbed Natural Acnedote.
The line is formulated with 2% salicylic acid and promises to help keep the skin clear, clean, shine-free and nourished. Products in the collection include:
- Natural Acnedote deep pore wash ($9.95)
- Natural Acnedote deep clean astringent: Eradicates excess oil and unclogs pores to reduce breakouts in eight hours ($9.95)
- Natural Acnedote oil control lotion: An oil-free zit-zapping lotion to help keep skin looking shine-free all day ($14.95)
- Natural Acnedote invisible treatment gel: A fast-acting, quickly-absorbing gel that helps reduce inflammation on contact and starts to deliver clearer skin in four hours ($9.95)
- Natural Acnedote face & body scrub: A foaming, acne-fighting scrub that is tough on backne but gentle enough for daily facial cleansing. It is infused with finely ground walnut shells to scrub away oil, dirt and pore-plugging dead skin cells while 2% salicylic acid helps fight breakouts ($9.95)
Alba Botanica products are sold at CVS, Target, Whole Foods Markets and natural foods stores.