Veggie Patch expands product line
BOSTON — Veggie Patch, a vegetable-based foods brand, on Monday announced new additions to its roster that will help consumers satisfy cravings for healthier food options, the company said. Health-conscious shoppers will be able to choose from Roasted Red Pepper Falafel and Moroccan Red Lentil Cakes.
Roasted Red Pepper Falafel puts a new spin on one of the company's top sellers, cassic falafel. Moroccan Red Lentil Cakes contain a blend of red lentils, carrots and spices that packs 8 g of protein per serving. Both varieties have a suggested retail price of $4.49 and will be rolling out this month in the produce sections of grocery stores across the nation.
"These mouth-watering new products are as flavorful as they are exotic, and as healthy as they are convenient," said Adam Carr, CEO Veggie Patch. "We're proud to lead the way in introducing unique and great tasting items that excite and appeal to our consumers."
ONC this fall to raise awareness around the Blue Button Initiative
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (has over 6 million Blue Button downloads);
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services ( serves 49 million Medicare beneficiaries);
- Indian Health Service (services 1.9 million American Indians and Alaska Natives belonging to 566 federally recognized tribes in 35 states);
- Sharecare.com (100 million page views per month);
- Walgreens (over 8,500 locations; 400 clinics and 6 million Americans visiting its stores each day);
- National Partnership for Women and Families;
- Global CEO Initiative on Alzheimer’s Disease;
- Caregiver Action Network;
- American Health Information Management Association;
- American Cancer Society; and
- New York e-health Collaborative.
American Diabetes Association announces collaboration with Walgreens’ Balance Rewards loyalty program
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The American Diabetes Association on Monday announced its collaboration with Walgreens, a national strategic partner of the association, and the Balance Rewards program to help further the movement to Stop Diabetes.