UrgentRx expands distribution base across food, drug, mass and specialty
DENVER — UrgentRx — developer of fast-acting, over-the-counter, flavored powder medications — on Thursday announced the addition of CVS, OfficeMax and Paradies Stores to the company’s list of retail partners.
UrgentRx is making significant gains in distribution within food, drug, mass and alternative channels, the company noted, more than tripling its store count in Q3 2013. With the addition of three national retailers, UrgentRx has surpassed distribution into more than 10,000 retail stores and is on track to add another 10,000 stores in the coming months, the company noted.
UrgentRx sells six varieties of flavored powder medications in credit card-sized packs for fast, on-the-go use: Critical Care Aspirin to Go, Headache Relief to Go, Heartburn Relief to Go, Upset Stomach Relief to Go, Ache & Pain Relief to Go and Allergy Attack Relief to Go.
Prestige Brands launches the ‘Say Yes to Less’ campaign to benefit Make-A-Wish
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. — Prestige Brands and its Little Remedies children’s medicine brand has partnered with actresses and celebrity moms Tia Mowry-Hardrict and Tamera Mowry-Housley to launch the “Say Yes to Less” campaign to benefit Make-A-Wish. Beginning Oct. 17, Little Remedies will encourage consumers to log on to www.SayYes2Less.com and take a pledge to “Say Yes to Less” of the things their children don’t need to live happy and healthy lives.
Families can pledge that they will do things such as eat less sugar or create less waste. In return, Little Remedies will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish for the first 100,000 people who take the pledge to “Say Yes to Less.”
“We’re huge fans of Little Remedies, and we both use the products with our own kids, so we’re thrilled to be working with the brand on the ‘Say Yes to Less’ campaign,” stated Mowry-Hardrict. “Taking a more wholesome approach to raising our kids is something we feel passionate about, so we’re excited to ask other parents to join us, and to see how families across the country will ‘Say Yes to Less,’” Mowry-Housley added.
As the official spokespersons for the pledge, the two will appear in a series of videos featuring families who personify the Little Remedies philosophy, “Everything They Need, Nothing They Don’t,” by casting away doubt, fear, negativity and wastefulness from their lives. Their stories will inspire parents everywhere, as the families discuss how they were able to conquer the obstacles that were getting in the way of their health and happiness.
Lansinoh Laboratories expands product offering
LAS VEGAS — Lansinoh Laboratories is expanding its product offering with six new items for mass outlets in 2014, which are being introduced this week at the ABC Kids Expo, the company announced Wednesday.
The items are inspired by Lansinoh’s new Pump-Store-Feed system, and are designed to make breastfeeding as convenient as possible. The new products include two breast pumps and a redesign of the Lansinoh mOmma bottle.
Lansinoh’s Pump-Store-Feed system includes an interchangeable group of products that allow nursing moms to express breastmilk directly into bottles that can then be used to either feed right away with the Lansinoh mOmma NaturalWave nipple, or stored until needed.
"We listen closely to the everyday experiences and changing priorities of breastfeeding mothers and their healthcare advisors to guide our product development," stated Gina Ciagne, senior director of health care and media relations for Lansinoh. "We have taken their invaluable insight and brought it to life in our 2014 product line. Transitioning from pumping to storing breastmilk to feeding baby will now be a seamless experience for Lansinoh moms."
Available in stores nationwide beginning in 2014, Lansinoh’s new products include:
- Lansinoh Signature Pro Double Electric Breast Pump. A JPMA 2013 Innovation Awards Finalist, it is the only pump with three customizable pumping styles to maximize mom’s milk production and comfort. With Lansinoh’s new emphasis on Pump-Store-Feed, the Lansinoh mOmma Bottle and NaturalWave Nipple are compatible with the Signature Pro, meaning mom can now pump directly into bottles and use nipples with them for an easy Pump-Store-Feed option. Suggested retail price is $149.99;
- Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump. Created with the occasional pumping mom in mind, the Lansinoh Manual Pump is the only pump to include two sizes of flanges for a perfect fit, an ergonomic easy-express handle, and two unique stimulation and expression modes, which means more milk in less time. It is also compatible with the new mOmma Bottle and NaturalWave Nipple, meaning mom can now pump directly into bottles and use nipples with them for an easy Pump-Store-Feed option. Suggested retail price is $34.99;
- Redesigned Lansinoh mOmma Bottle with NaturalWave Nipple. The NaturalWave Nipple is ideal for breastfeeding mothers who occasionally have to be apart from their baby and want to resume nursing when they’re back together. Based on more than 50 years of research, the NaturalWave Nipple is designed to enable baby to engage in the same natural sucking actions learned at the breast, meaning a smooth transition from breast to bottle and back again. In line with the Pump-Store-Feed emphasis, the bottle is now easier to hold and compatible with both new Lansinoh Breast Pumps. Suggested retail price falls between $9.99 and $26.99, depending on size and quantity;
- Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bottles. For the breastfeeding mom who needs a safe and dependable storage option for breastmilk, Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bottles contain a specially designed sealing disk to provide secure protection for storage in the refrigerator or freezer. The Storage Bottles work with both the Lansinoh Signature Pro and Manual Breast Pump, so breastmilk can be expressed directly into bottles. Attach the NaturalWave Nipple for feeding. Suggested retail price is $10.99;
- Lansinoh Simple Wishes Hands-Free Pumping Bra. This new Pumping Bra allows mom to multi-task while pumping with any double electric pump, including the Lansinoh Signature Pro. It is the only adjustable pumping bra that changes as mom’s body changes, maintaining a tight fit over time due to its 10" adjustable Velcro back panel. Available at Babies R Us, buybuy BABY, Target and Walmart.com. Suggested retail price is $39.99; and
- Lansinoh Extra Pumping Set. Designed for busy moms who are on the go and want the convenience of having an extra pump set. Ideal for working moms who want one set at work and one at home. Comes with two interchangeable bottles that fit with the Lansinoh Signature Pro and Manual Breast Pumps, Comfort Fit flanges and a NaturalWave Nipple. Suggested retail price is $39.99.