Ulta Beauty selects Mullen as new agency-of-record
BOLLINGBROOK, Ill. — Ulta Beauty has selected Mullen, an Interpublic Group owned agency, as its new advertising agency-of-record.
According to Ulta, Mullen prevailed based on strategic and creative thinking, as well as deep retail, beauty product and marketing-to-women expertise. The agency formed a multi-office team with personnel from its Boston headquarters and MullenNC presenting to the Ulta team.
Mullen will begin working with the beauty retailer immediately, developing creative and media content for implementation in key markets later this year.
“Ulta is focused on continuing to build a leadership brand in beauty, and Mullen’s combination of outstanding brand strategy and breakthrough creative will help us accelerate our efforts,” stated Dave Kimbell, CMO and SVP at Ulta.
Mullen has been active in the beauty products category in the past with its work on Unilever’s TreSemmé brand of hair care products. The agency has also worked with numerous national retailers, including Barnes & Noble, T.J. Maxx and Zappos. In addition, Mullen operates Frank About Women, a marketing-to-women consultancy.
The win represents continued growth at Mullen, on the heels of gaining the Indeed.com business late in 2013 and the truTV brand earlier this year.
Veggie Patch expands product line
BOSTON — Veggie Patch, a vegetable-based foods brand, on Monday announced new additions to its roster that will help consumers satisfy cravings for healthier food options, the company said. Health-conscious shoppers will be able to choose from Roasted Red Pepper Falafel and Moroccan Red Lentil Cakes.
Roasted Red Pepper Falafel puts a new spin on one of the company's top sellers, cassic falafel. Moroccan Red Lentil Cakes contain a blend of red lentils, carrots and spices that packs 8 g of protein per serving. Both varieties have a suggested retail price of $4.49 and will be rolling out this month in the produce sections of grocery stores across the nation.
"These mouth-watering new products are as flavorful as they are exotic, and as healthy as they are convenient," said Adam Carr, CEO Veggie Patch. "We're proud to lead the way in introducing unique and great tasting items that excite and appeal to our consumers."
ONC this fall to raise awareness around the Blue Button Initiative
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (has over 6 million Blue Button downloads);
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services ( serves 49 million Medicare beneficiaries);
- Indian Health Service (services 1.9 million American Indians and Alaska Natives belonging to 566 federally recognized tribes in 35 states);
- Sharecare.com (100 million page views per month);
- Walgreens (over 8,500 locations; 400 clinics and 6 million Americans visiting its stores each day);
- National Partnership for Women and Families;
- Global CEO Initiative on Alzheimer’s Disease;
- Caregiver Action Network;
- American Health Information Management Association;
- American Cancer Society; and
- New York e-health Collaborative.