Talenti’s new gelato celebrates classic desserts
MINNEAPOLIS — Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto announced the launch of three new gelato flavors which are inspired by classic American desserts. The new additions — Caramel Apple Pie, Fudge Brownie and Raspberries & Cream — are currently rolling out to retailers across the nation.
"We know our fans love the comforting flavors of classic American desserts, so we wanted to give them a new way to enjoy their favorite classics with a special Talenti twist," said Josh Hochschuler, founder of Talenti. "With the introduction of these new gelato flavors, we continue to uphold our commitment to making the best quality and best tasting gelatos in the freezer aisle."
The new flavors include:
- Caramel Apple Pie, made with real cinnamon sticks, Red Delicious apple pieces, pie crust and a caramel swirl;
- Fudge Brownie, which combines Talenti’s extra dark chocolate gelato with chunks of baked brownie and a swirl of dark fudge; and
- Raspberries & Cream, which takes Talenti’s sweet cream gelator and combines it with pieces of fresh raspberries and a tart raspberry and balsamic ripple.
Talenti’s new gelato flavors are available at major retailers for a suggested retail price of $4.99 to $5.99.
Blue Diamond introduces honey to the mix
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Blue Diamond Growers, an almond processing and marketing company, last week announced a new line of honey-flavored products across the Snack Almonds, Nut Thins and Almond Breeze brands. The line combines the sweetness of honey with different flavors to create a satisfying snack, the company said.
The new products include:
- Snack Almonds in Honey Roasted, Honey Roasted Vanilla, Honey Roasted Cinnamon and Honey Roasted Chipotle flavors;
- Blue Diamond’s Honey Cinnamon and Honey Mustard Nut Thins; and
- Almond Breeze Almond Milk in two flavors, Hint of Honey and Honey Vanilla, both of which are available in refrigerated and shelf stable cartons.
“Honey is growing in popularity as a great natural alternative to sugar,” said Al Greenlee, director of marketing at Blue Diamond Growers. “Honey’s sweet, yet understated flavor adds complexity to any meal or snack. We’ve incorporated honey flavors into everything from Snack Almonds to Almond Breeze Almond Milk.”
Jelly Belly evokes the beauty of nature in latest art series
FAIRFIELD, Calif. — Jelly Belly Candy Co. is back with its latest installment of Jelly Belly Art, in which vivid mosaic-like portraits are made from thousands of Jelly Belly jelly beans. The subject of the portraits focuses on endangered species in nature, bringing creatures like the Hawksbill Sea Turtle and the Giant Panda to life through Jelly Belly’s signature confections.
Jelly Belly has commissioned artists to create Jelly Belly Art since the 1980’s. The company’s artist in residence, Kristen Cummings, will bring the portraits to life for the new series through mid-2014. There will be eight pieces, which are made from approximately 100,000 Jelly Belly jelly beans. Each work can used around 10,000 to 14,000 beans, which are placed individually by hand and applied to a large canvas.
Jelly Belly said it plans to tour the pieces around the United States for display at both museums and through animal conservation programs.