Sunstar Gum announces new size, redesign of Proxabrush Go-Betweens Cleaners
CHICAGO — Sunstar Gum has introduced a new size of Proxabrush Go-Betweens Cleaners to help consumers prevent periodontal disease.
The new Ultra Tight Proxabrush is ideal for patients with tighter contacts, and features several new design elements to improve use. According to the Academy of General Dentistry, flossing is the single most important weapon against plaque; however, most people find that their reason for not flossing is due to lack of time. Proxabrush Go-Betweens are clinically proven to remove plaque as well as string floss and are convenient, reusable and easy-to-use, the manufacturer stated.
Highlights of the newly designed Ultra Tight Proxabrush Go-Betweens include:
- More plaque removal: The re-designed Proxabrush family of interdental brushes has been constructed to remove up to 25% more plaque with new triangular bristles. In addition, it stays clean between uses through an antibacterial agent that has been incorporated into the bristles. The central wire of each brush is coated for added comfort and to help prevent galvanic shock.
- New flexible handle: The new, flexible handle has been ergonomically designed for better comfort, control and grip in order to make it easier to use. The bendable neck and longer length also makes it easier for patients to clean their posterior teeth.
In addition, Sunstar will be applying the new design elements to each of the existing Proxabrush Go-Betweens Cleaners sizes: Tight, Moderate and Wide. These redesigned Proxabrushes will be available in June.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.
Retailers say ‘hello’ to new oral care line
MONTCLAIR, N.J. — Say "hello" to Hello, a new line of oral care products hitting retail shelves this month.
The new Hello line is comprised of 99% natural toothpaste, mouthwash and breath sprays. Hello debuts in distinctive designs created by BMW Group DesignworksUSA, a subsidiary of BMW Group, and offers a departure from the traditional bottles and tubes.
All Hello products are available in four flavors, including Supermint, Pink Grapefruit Mint, Mojito Mint and Sweet Cinnamint. Beginning this week, Hello is available nationwide in Walgreens and Duane Reade stores, with additional retailers to follow worldwide.
Hello products offer the following benefits:
- Hello toothpaste features fluoride, which is known to help prevent cavities. The paste helps to strengthen and whiten teeth, while reducing the effects of acid erosion and tartar buildup. It is free of ingredients such as triclosan and stannous fluoride;
- Hello toothpaste is made with a special type of silica, which gently and safely polishes stains off teeth and doesn’t contain chemical whiteners like hydrogen peroxide; and
- Hello mouthwashes are alcohol-free.
In creating the design, Hello and BMW Group DesignworksUSA sought the perfect balance of form and function, incorporating a soft, curved aesthetic and user-centric precision. All packaging on the mouthwashes, sprays and toothpastes are 100% custom, proprietary designs — from the pour-and-swig rings on the mouthwashes, to the sleek click-and-go sprays, to the “pastry bag tip” on the toothpaste.
Cenoire bolsters oral care portfolio with new Eluo Ultra toothbrush
LOS ANGELES — Cenoire, a manufacturer of portable electronic accessories, has announced the availability of its new electronic toothbrush, the Eluo Ultra. The Eluo Ultra is a dual frequency sonic toothbrush discretely disguised in a mascara compact case.
As a follow-up to Cenoire’s launch of Eluo, the Eluo Ultra now includes two speed variation selections. Users can select from a low-frequency tongue cleaning at up to 18,000 brush strokes a minute, as well as a high-frequency tongue deep cleansing, brushing at approximately 30,000 brush strokes. Lastly, this compact toothbrush boasts a fuller brush head and is equipped with a tongue massager.
Cenoire’s Eluo Ultra sonic toothbrush is available at a retail price of $24.99 and can be found at Amazon.com, Shoebuy.com and Cenoire.com, as well as through D&H Distributing.