Stop & Shop gears up for 22nd annual Food for Friends program
QUINCY, Mass. — Stop & Shop once again will host its annual hunger relief program.
The supermarket chain said that its Food for Friends program, now in its 22nd year, will kick off Friday and run through Dec. 8. Customers who donate $1, $3, or $5 at their local Stop & Shop will help support local and regional hunger relief organizations. Additionally, customers who donate $5 to Food for Friends also will receive a $5 coupon booklet from Kraft Foods (while supplies last), the company said.
Stop & Shop said 100% of funds raised for Food for Friends will be delivered — 60% will be allocated directly to local food pantries, while the other 40% will be donated to regional food banks. Stop & Shop hopes to raise more than $2 million this year.
"This year’s program could not have come at a better time as demand for food across the country is on the rise, placing more of a burden on local and regional food providers who are trying to do more with less," Stop & Shop New England division president Mark McGowan said. "Programs like Food for Friends are a great way for our customers to get involved with helping their local community."
Rite Aid partners with Envision Insurance to offer Medicare Part D Rx drug plan
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Medicare Part D beneficiaries will be able to obtain hundreds of generic drugs without any deductible or co-pay under a new program offered by Rite Aid.
The retail pharmacy chain announced Tuesday that it had partnered with Envision Insurance Co. to offer a value-focused prescription drug plan for Medicare Part D Open Enrollment 2012. Rite Aid EnvisionRx Plus offers beneficiaries a plan with a $0 deductible and $0 co-pays, including during the coverage gap, also known as the donut hole.
Beneficiaries can visit www.envisionrxplus.com/riteaid or consult with a pharmacist to find out if their medications are covered under the plan or to enroll, Rite Aid said.
MicroLite Tech introduces Pop-up MicroLites
KAUAI, Hawaii — MicroLite Tech has introduced new micro-sized lighting devices that provide hands-free illumination.
Pop-up MicroLites are compact and durable LED lights that feature an adhesive backing, allowing it to attach to almost any surface, including plastic, metal, wood, leather and cloth, the company said. The Pop-up MicroLite is the first in an entire line of hands-free micro-lighting products being developed by MicroLite Tech.
"Micro-lighting really is an entirely unexplored product category with lots of room for new innovation," MicroLite Tech founder and CEO John Teel said.
Pop-up MicroLites now are available in glossy black and soon will be available in metallic silver and bright white, for a suggested retail price under $10. A magnetic version of the product also soon will be launched.