Sprite launches new flavor to ‘berry’ up holidays
ATLANTA — In its first flavor innovation since 2005, Sprite is launching all-new flavor Sprite Cranberry and Sprite Cranberry Zero.
The new products will be available for a limited time through the holidays. Both products take the taste of traditional Sprite and combine it with a splash of sweet and tart cranberry notes.
The new flavor will appear on store shelves nationwide for a limited time only, arriving in mid-October and available through the New Year. Sprite Cranberry and Sprite Zero Cranberry will be available in 2-liter bottles, fridge packs (12-oz. cans) and 20-oz. bottles (Sprite Cranberry only), and will be sold in mass market, convenience and drug stores nationwide.
Anheuser-Busch announces return of Budweiser’s Project 12
ST. LOUIS — Anheuser-Busch on Tuesday announced the return of Budweiser’s Project 12 — the brewmaster platform that introduced Budweiser Black Crown — with three new beers, beginning Oct. 28.
For Project 12, Budweiser’s team of brewmasters develop new beer recipes featuring the signature yeast first used by Adolphus Busch in 1876. The three small-batch Budweisers named for the ZIP code where the beer is brewed include:
- Batch 94534 (Fairfield, Calif.): Brewed with a unique blend of North Pacific hop varieties, including Cascade and Palisade, this bold, hoppy lager is 5.5% alcohol by volume (ABV) and offers a distinct taste of the American Northwest;
- Batch 23185 (Williamsburg, Va.): Aged on a bed of bourbon barrel staves and vanilla beans, this light amber lager indulges the sweet side and features a 5.5% ABV; and
- Batch 43229 (Columbus, Ohio): Brewed with chocolate and caramel malts for a rich auburn appearance and finished on Beechwood chips for a crisp, clean taste, this deep amber lager is 6% ABV.
On Labor Day weekend, Budweiser hosted a sampling event at the Budweiser Made in America Music Festival, giving adult concert-goers an exclusive chance to taste and provide feedback on the beers featured in the soon-to-be-released sampler pack.
“The initial response from beer drinkers has been overwhelmingly positive,” said Pete Kraemer, head brewmaster at Anheuser-Busch. “Each of the three beers has a distinct taste with a common thread. ‘Project 12’ is all about showcasing brewing creativity and credentials, and making beer drinkers happy. We are confident we’ve achieved that with the 2013 edition.”
Nestlé introduces new lineup of Halloween treats
GLENDALE, Calif. — Nestlé USA Confections and Snacks on Thursday introduced its new sweets selection from Nerds, SweeTarts, Laffy Taffy, Butterfinger, Nestlé Crunch and more. The company also is offering three new Halloween candy variety packs.
"Moms want the convenience of bagged variety chocolate and sugar candy with prices that won’t break their budget,” said spokeswoman Tricia Bowles of Nestlé USA. “Our value-priced Halloween collection makes it easier than ever to give favorite classic treats to family, friends and trick-or-treaters.”
According to NDP Group’s Snack Track Holidays Halloween Profile, 8-out-of-10 families participate in multiple Halloween events, with candy making up 69% of Halloween-related items bought by consumers. This year’s Halloween collection from Nestlé Confections & Snacks includes:
- Nestlé Nuts About Peanuts – Each package is filled with individually wrapped fun size pieces of Butterfinger, Baby Ruth, Goobers and Oh Henry! (20 oz., SRP: $5.99);
- WONKA Mixups – Each package includes 200 individually wrapped treat size pieces of SweeTARTS, Laffy Taffy, Bottlecaps and NERDS in assorted flavors (53.3 oz., SRP: $9.99);
- SweeTarts Gummies – Individually wrapped pieces in cobweb printed packaging with assorted orange, lemon, blue raspberry, grape, apple and cherry flavors (10 oz., SRP: $2.99);
- Wonka Trickster Treats – This value bag features an assortment of 425 individually wrapped pieces of Wonka’s most popular sweets — Laffy Taffy, Gobstopper, SweeTarts and Spree (103 oz., SRP: $19.99);
- Nestlé Chocolate and Sugar Variety bag – 215 pieces of Nestlé chocolate and sugar candy all-in-one handy bag – Nerds, Gobstoppers, Crunch and Butterfinger mini-size pieces (65 oz., SRP: $14.99);
- Butterfinger Pumpkin – Butterfinger Pumpkins are crispy, crunchy, peanut-butter-filled Butterfinger pieces in creamy milk chocolate (1.2 oz., SRP: $0.69); and
- Wonka Spooky Nerds Rope – Nerds are wrapped around a chewy gummy rope, featuring grape, orange and punch flavors adorned with festive Nerds, spiders and webs (25 oz., SRP: $4.99).