ShopperTrak outlines best days for consumers to score better shopping experiences
CHICAGO — After releasing its report on days that retailers should expect a boost in sales, ShopperTrak has released a report that highlights 10 days that will give way to better customer experiences.
According to ShopperTrak, the weekdays following Black Friday and Black Saturday (specifically, Nov. 29 to Dec. 1) are the season’s best days to hit stores. Historically, ShopperTrak said, stores will have fewer crowds than any other time during the holiday season as many tired shoppers shy away from stores after Black Friday and Super Saturday. Additionally, weekdays in early December will be some of the best days to beat the crowds, according to ShopperTrak. While every store’s foot-traffic patterns differ, weekday business hours, even during the holidays, typically are less trafficked.
“Most people shop on two of the season’s famous days — Black Friday and Super Saturday — because they’re convenient and offer potentially good deals,” ShopperTrak cofounder Bill Martin said. “ShopperTrak counts and analyzes billions of shopper visits at 40,000 locations globally. Based on real-time analytics, we can predict even better days to shop, when consumers’ time and dollars will go further.
“Retailers should be prepared to make the most of shopper opportunity, even on the season’s slowest foot-traffic days, and adjust factors like staffing and inventory accordingly,” Martin added. “Based on our real-time analytics and historical data, ShopperTrak is in a unique position to help retailers understand their customers better and capture sales this holiday season.”
ShopperTrak’s forecasted best days to shop, ranked from least busy to busiest, are as follows:
Tuesday, Nov. 29;
Monday, Nov. 28;
Wednesday, Nov. 30;
Thursday, Dec. 1;
Tuesday, Dec. 6;
Monday, Dec. 5;
Wednesday, Dec. 7;
Thursday, Dec. 8;
Monday, Dec. 12; and
Tuesday, Dec. 13.
Sam’s Club reveals Black Friday deals
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Sam’s Club has revealed 60 featured deals for its annual, members-only Day After Thanksgiving Event (D.A.T.E.).
The event will take place at all Sam’s Club locations nationwide at 5 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 25.
Members who participate in the event will be able to enjoy complimentary breakfast from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m. In addition, shoppers who join Sam’s Club or upgrade to Plus Membership while in-club through the weekend will receive a $20 gift card.
Sam’s Club Credit account holders will pay no interest on a single-item purchase of $488 or more if paid in full in 24 months, the company reported.
Sam’s Club also is offering members the chance to shop all D.A.T.E. values online at SamsClub.com and on the Sam’s Club mobile app as of 10 p.m. CST on Wednesday, Nov.23 .
"Between preparing the home, entertaining guests, cooking and finding great values on gifts, holiday season ‘to-dos’ pile up quickly. Sam’s Club provides our time-strapped members less hectic access to amazing savings anywhere in the U.S., any hour of the day," Sam’s Club SVP home and apparel Marybeth Cornwell said. "Members will be delighted at the extraordinary quality of Sam’s Club holiday items from tech to toys, jewelry and ‘break-apart’ gifts to please everyone they shop for, including themselves."
Holiday shoppers plan to utilize smartphones, tablets as shopping tools
WORTHINGTON, Ohio — According to a survey released last week, 61.7% of mobile users said they plan to use their smartphone or tablet for holiday shopping this year.
Most of these avid mobile holiday shoppers (60.8%) plan to use their device mostly as a “mobile mall;" in other words, purchasing products and comparing prices, Prosper Mobile Insights reported. The other 39.2% said they plan to use their device mainly as a data organizer to keep track of gift lists, budgets, sales, etc. On average, mobile holiday shoppers said they plan to make 37.9% of their holiday purchases from their device.
Of those who plan to use a smartphone or tablet for holiday shopping, the majority (56.7%) anticipates using their device mostly during the planning and research stage. As many as 40.2% planned to use their device mainly during the shopping/in-store stage while 3.1% planned to use a smartphone or tablet mostly to share their shopping experiences with others.