SheaMoisture creates new hair straightening collection
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. — SheaMoisture is expanding its portfolio with the new Tahitian Noni & Monoi hair straightening collection, which offers users the freedom to wear straight or curly hair styles.
The protein-based treatment products promise to smooth, soften and control frizz, leaving textured hair more manageable for up to four weeks.
"Our community spoke to us about wanting the flexibility to switch up their styles without harming their beloved curls, and we listened," stated SheaMoisture founder and CEO Richelieu Dennis. "Hair is an amazing form of self-expression, and every woman has the right to define beautiful for herself. Our smoothing system puts the power of hair flexibility directly in their hands, while actually repairing and strengthening strands."
The collection includes:
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Straightening System – Straightens without permanently altering hair’s texture, while controlling frizz. Contains everything needed for versatile styling, including Smooth & Repair Conditioning Shampoo, Smooth & Repair Hair Straightening Treatment, Smooth & Repair Rinse-Out Conditioner and Smooth & Repair Hair & Scalp Weekly Treatment. The suggested retail price is $19.99;
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Conditioning Shampoo – Sulfate-free shampoo contains strengthening and active straightening ingredients that help smooth frayed, uneven texture, while taming flyway hair. The suggested retail price is $9.99;
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Rinse-Out Conditioner – Daily rinse-out conditioner hydrates and detangles, while fortifying hair against heat styling. Active straightening ingredients aid in smoothing rough textures and eliminating frizz. The suggested retail price is $9.99.
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair High Shine Glosser – Lightweight moisturizing oil treatment controls frizz for a sleek, high shine finish, without silicone. The suggested retail price is $9.99.
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Nourishing Hair Masque – Deep conditioning treatment infuses hair with moisture, while strengthening and repairing hair. Helps smooth hair cuticle, while managing frizz. The suggested retail price is $12.99.
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Hair Scalp Weekly Treatment – This weekly treatment soothes, hydrates and provides antioxidant benefits to the scalp, while promoting hair renewal and growth. The suggested retail price is $9.99.
SheaMoisture’s Tahitian Noni & Monoi products are available at select Target stores nationwide.
2013 proves to be ‘strong’ year for Beiersdorf
HAMBURG, Germany — Beiersdorf AG, whose brands include Nivea and Eucerin, recorded sales growth in all its business segments in 2013.
“2013 was an important and successful year for our group. In 2012, we developed and launched our Blue Agenda setting out the course for the next phase of Beiersdorf’s strategic development. Now during 2013, we have seen the first results of its implementation. The excellent growth dynamic achieved in 2013 across all areas of the group shows that this course is the right one,” stated Stefan Heidenreich, CEO of Beiersdorf AG.
The company’s sales rose by 7.2% in organic terms in the past fiscal year, according to preliminary, unaudited figures. Nominal sales increased by 1.7%, to €6,141 million.
The Consumer Business Segment recorded organic sales growth of 7%. In nominal terms, sales rose by 1.1% to €5,103 million. All of the company’s three core brands — Nivea, Eucerin and La Prairie — achieved strong growth rates, the company stated.
All figures for fiscal 2013 are preliminary and still subject to audit. The final figures will be presented at the Annual Press Conference and in the Financial Analyst Meeting on March 4 in Hamburg, the company noted.
Target unveils new Sonia Kashuk beauty for spring 2014
MINNEAPOLIS — Target is gearing up for spring with the launch of new Sonia Kashuk makeup, beauty tools and cosmetic bags available exclusively at Target beginning in March.
This season, the makeup artist, who has had a creative partnership with Target since 1999, is bringing to her collection new formulas for flawless skin, luxe metallic shadows and bold brights for lips and cheeks. New eye and facial makeup includes:
- Chic Luminosity Glow Powder ($12.99);
- Undetectable Loose Powder ($9.99);
- Undetectable Pressed Powder ($9.99);
- Dewy Luxe Lip & Cheek Balm ($9.99);
- Liquid Line Precision Marker ($8.99); and
- Pearlescence Longwear Crème Shadow ($8.99).
Also new to the collection is a Brush Couture Five-Piece Brush Set ($16.99), Brush Couture Four-Piece Brush Set ($12.99) and Brush Couture Kabuki Brush ($12.99).
Also available exclusively at Target beginning in March is a collection of new travel and makeup bags. Kashuk drew inspiration from the season’s hottest hues and trend-driven prints for her latest line of bags, which come in an array of shapes of sizes. The collection features such details as clear removable compartments for easy organization and access, separate makeup brush pockets with a flap to protect bristles and a hanging hook on the Valet.
For spring, Kashuk also has developed a limited-edition collection of beauty tools and accessories in a black and white floral print. Items in the limited edition collection include a Make a Face Brush Set ($24.99), Gold Standard Vanity Tray ($12.99) and Completely Compact Brush (14.99).