Schick Quattro for Women TrimStyle launches Prune for June summer style contest
SHELTON, Conn. — Schick Quattro for Women TrimStyle, which is a razor and bikini trimmer in one, has announced the launch of its Prune for June Summer Style Contest on PruneforJune.com.
Now through June 30, consumers are encouraged to discover their trimstyle personality and create a Pinterest board for a chance to win a grand prize of summer must-haves.
To help spread the word on Prune for June, Schick Quattro for Women has partnered with four lifestyle and fashion bloggers and a celebrity stylist to create Pinterest boards inspired by their own trimstyle personalities.
- The Landing Strip – Jacey Duprie of DamselinDior.com
- The Stargazer – Elizabeth Dehn of BeautyBets.com
- The Heart Breaker – Cassandra LaValle of cocokelley.com
- The Flash – Danielle Bernstein of WeWoreWhat.com
- The Bare-muda Triangle – Rachael Russell, fashion stylist and creator of Style Saves at stylesaves.org
The top 10 boards for each trimstyle will be based on fan votes. One grand prize winner per trimstyle will be selected to win a prize package worth $2,500. A second place winner will receive a prize package worth $1,000.
Upon entry and voting, consumers will also be able to download a Schick Quattro for Women TrimStyle coupon for a future purchase.
Whole Foods Market to feature hemp products in celebration of Hemp History Week
AUSTIN, Texas — Whole Foods Market is celebrating Hemp History Week, which is a nationwide education campaign that runs from June 3 to 9 to raise awareness about the benefits of hemp products, by spotlighting more than 300 hemp products, including body care products.
Hemp is an environmentally sustainable ingredient used to make a wide variety of foods, paper, clothing, body care products, building materials and fuel, the retailer stated. The crop originated in Central Asia thousands of years ago and was brought to North America in the 1600s, where Canada now acts as the main supplier to the United States market. Hemp functions as a nutritional powerhouse and is loaded with digestible protein, dietary fiber and vitamin E.
“It is encouraging to witness the growing demand for hemp products,” stated Errol Schweizer, global grocery coordinator for Whole Foods Market. “We have seen a tremendous increase in products made with this nutritious, wholesome ingredient over the last five years. We are committed to offering our shoppers a wide array of the highest quality hemp products in our grocery and body care departments.”
Whole Foods Market offers a variety of hemp products, including an assortment of personal care products such as lotions, makeup and shampoos. Products will be prominently featured throughout the store with special displays during Hemp History Week.
According to federal trade statistics, the importation of hemp has more than quadrupled from 2000 to 2011. The Hemp Industries Association estimates that the total retail value of hemp products in 2011 was $452 million, the retailer stated. Currently, all hemp products in the United States use imported raw materials since it is not cultivated in the United States. However, several states are now working on legislation to allow it to be grown.
“With the popularity of hemp products on the rise paired with the demand for locally grown and produced goods, we’d foresee a very viable market for products made from domestic hemp,” added Schweizer.
McKesson to host 2013 ideaShare conference in Las Vegas
SAN FRANCISCO — McKesson Corporation will host community pharmacy owners and pharmacists at the McKesson ideaShare 2013 Conference, June 26-30, at the Venetian Resort Hotel in Las Vegas, the wholesaler announced Wednesday.
“For more than 30 years, we’ve seen tremendous energy and exchange of ideas at McKesson ideaShare, reinforcing the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of community pharmacy,” stated Mark Walchirk, president, McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical. “McKesson ideaShare is truly an opportunity for community pharmacies to learn from — and inspire — one another to implement new ideas for long-term success.”
As McKesson’s annual community pharmacy trade show and conference, McKesson ideaShare is an education and networking event for independent retail pharmacies. This year’s event will provide a forum for attendees to share best practices and learn about solutions that address core aspects of running a better pharmacy business, achieving better results for patients and creating a better future for the pharmacy profession, the company stated.
Attendees will benefit from a variety of educational and networking opportunities, including:
- Opening General Session with futurist David Houle. Best-selling author and futurist, David Houle will address “The New Health Age and Emerging Pharmacy Trends,” discussing the upcoming changes to the healthcare system and the emerging opportunities for community pharmacy to elevate its role and impact on patient health. McKesson executives will share highlights on how McKesson is helping customers achieve better pharmacy health and announce McKesson’s Pharmacy of the Year winners;
- Public Policy Forum. McKesson’s SVP public affairs Ann Richardson Berkey will provide an overview of the federal and state policy landscape, including issues specifically relevant to community pharmacy. Plus, this year’s guest speaker Jon Kingsdale was one of the consultants on healthcare legislation including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. He will provide insights into the future of health care and what it will mean for pharmacies and their patients;
- Health Mart Annual Meeting. Health Mart, which has more than 3,000 members, will host its Annual Meeting and facilitate discussion and planning groups at the event. The Health Mart leadership team will showcase retailing principles that have made Health Mart a compelling success story in retail pharmacy and ranked highest in customer satisfaction in J.D. Power and Associates U.S. Pharmacy Study for the third time in four years;
- Ownership Transfer Luncheon. For the sixth year, McKesson’s RxOwnership team will host this annual luncheon where attendees will analyze two case studies in small groups, share their thoughts and learn the real-life outcome for each case study and how it can be applied today;
- Seminars and Continuing Education courses. Dozens of expert-led seminars and CE courses will be available. Topics will include how sponsored clinical services fit into pharmacy workflow; how to improve patient care and deliver new revenues; a breakdown of the next-generation in front-end performance; new drug therapies; local marketing programs; financial management; and succession planning; and
- Trade Show. The McKesson ideaShare will feature a trade show floor with more than 200 exhibitors who will display the latest products and services, including pharmacy-automation and pharmacy-management technologies.
Online registration is available at www.McKessonideaShare.com.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.