Purell Advanced named top sanitizer by TripAdvisor
AKRON, Ohio — TripAdvisor on Wednesday named Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer "best hand sanitizer" as part of the travel site’s second annual Travelers’ Choice Awards for Travel Favorites.
The awards honor top brands travelers across select global markets prefer to use on their trips. In the U.S., there were 21 winners in categories ranging from cameras to sunscreen and carry-on luggage. Winners also were announced in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, India, Italy, Spain and Russia.
"The TripAdvisor community has spoken and these are the most beloved travel brands from around the world," stated Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. "We are thrilled to recognize these world-class brands with Travelers’ Choice awards that millions of travelers worldwide rely on for the best travel products for their trips."
Other CPG winners included Orbit mints, Off! insect repellent and ChapStick lip balm. For the complete list, click here.
"Travelers don’t want anything to slow them down, and Purell is for those on-the-go moments," noted Kathleen Hooker, Purell Consumer marketing director. "We know our customers love using the Purell Jelly Wraps that can attach to purses and bags, as well as 2-oz. bottles. You’ll soon see Purell travel products for your car and hand-sanitizing wipe packages."
Surveys were conducted in each country using a total panel of more than 3,900 TripAdvisor travelers to select a shortlist of brands/products in each category. A total of 39,898 travelers — including 12,125 U.S. respondents — then selected their favorites from the shortlists.
Ethnic beauty industry vet Brian Marks launches new hair care collection
NEW YORK — Ethnic beauty industry veteran Brian K. Marks and his wife, former model Nene Marks, have introduced the new Nene’s Secret hair care collection.
Having created five brands — All Ways Natural, African Pride, Ginseng Miracle, 911 and Dr. Miracle’s — Marks continues a 32-year career as an innovator in the ethnic hair care business. The new seven-SKU maintenance line features a signature fragrance as well as the exclusive My Secret Recipe formula, a blend of natural ingredients from Africa.
The collection includes:
- L.I.C. (leave-in conditioner): A leave-in crème that works as a detangler, heat protectant and moisturizer for natural, relaxed, transitioning or colored-treated locks ($8.99);
- G.G. (gorgeous gro): A hair and scalp treatment that is designed to soften, shine and conditions, while ending breakage and split ends ($8.99);
- C.C. (curl creme): A lightweight, curl-enhancing creme that is designed to hydrate strands and revitalize coils ($8.99);
- P.P.P. (perfect pretty pudding): A styling pudding provides for ultimate curl control and moisturization without curl shrinkage or dullness ($8.99);
- S.S.T. (strengthening serum treatment): A fast-absorbing, residue-free serum features extras like argan oil, annatto seed and sunflower seed to nourish the scalp while ending frizz and breakage ($9.99);
- M.M. (my mom ‘s masque): Restore damaged hair with this masque that features nutrients and herbs ($9.99); and
- B.B.B. (best beauty butter): An all-natural butter that is designed to repair, soothe and nourish the hair, scalp and skin ($12.99).
Meijer double-matches donations to food bank fundraising campaign
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A campaign run by Midwestern mass-merchandise chain Meijer to raise money for food banks has netted more than half a million dollars, the company said.
Meijer said customers donated $184,230 during Simply Give Double Match Days to help food pantries around the Midwest stock shelves, and Meijer double-matched the donations for a total of $552,690.
"The tremendous generosity of our customers is an inspiration for us all, and we cannot thank them enough for their partnership," co-chairman Doug Meijer said. "Our Simply Give program, along with the double-match efforts, really helps make a difference for all our struggling neighbors."