Pur Minerals expands distribution
NEW YORK Pur Minerals, a mineral-based beauty brand, is expanding its distribution and will now be sold at Canada’s Shopper’s Drug Mart, as well as within other retail outlets.
According to the beauty company, its collection will be available in 120 of Shopper’s stores, as well as 58 of Regis Corp.’s stores including Trade Secret, PureBeauty and BeautyFirst. As of Jan. 1, the brand will also launch on the Home Shopping Network with president Joli Baker.
In early 2007, Pur Minerals announced the rollout to more than 200 Ulta stores nationwide following a successful run in 23 test markets.
Too Faced Cosmetics launches Smurfette products
IRVINE, Calif. Attention Smurf fans: Too Faced Cosmetics has developed, through a license agreement with Sony Pictures Consumer Products and Lafig Belgium s.a., a limited-edition collection of Smurfette cosmetics.
The five-piece collection, debuting at Sephora U.S. stores in January, will bear the iconic Smurfette imagery. The collection is positioned to attract both the Smurfette and Too Faced loyal fan bases, as well as new shoppers.
- Smurfette Mood Swing Lip Gloss ($18.50): A mood-activated lip gloss that starts off Smurfy blue and then transforms into countless shades of Smurf-berry depending on the wearer’s emotional state.
- So Smurfy Illuminating Face Powder ($26): Created in the image of Smurfette, this multi-shade palette brightens and tones with a combination of soft, color-correcting shades that blend together for wear on any skin tone.
- So Smurfy Eye Shadow ($32.50): A chic palette that includes four complimentary eye shadow shades—two of which are debossed with the Smurf daisy and Smurfette’s silhouette.
- Smurfy Eyed Liquid Liner ($17.50): Two liquid eyeliners in Smurf-inspired blue and white shades formulated with sparkling, micro-glitter for added impact.
Surya Brasil announces men’s body-care line
NEW YORK Surya Brasil, a supplier of organic and natural cosmetics from Brazil, has introduced Sapien, a new organic body-care line for men.
Specially formulated for male skin and hair, the range offers pure essential oils, gluten-free amaranth proteins and mild cleansing agents. Each of the six formulations is certified organic through Eco Cert and is cruelty-free.
The products are made using ethically harvested plants and fruits from the Amazon. The subtle woody aroma is derived from a special blend of essential oils including cedarwood, lemon, bergamot and clove. The collection includes:
- Shampoo 2-in-1: shampoo/conditioner combo contains Acerola and Amaranth protein;
- Shower Gel: hydrates and cleanses the skin with nourishing fruit extracts such as, Acerola;
- Facial Scrub: exfoliates with green clay and Acai grains; removes impurities and controls oiliness;
- Shave Cream: lubricates the skin with rich Cupuacu butter and Macadamia nut oil;
- After Shave Cream: invigorates with Acai, Cupuacu and Aloe Vera plus natural minerals; and
- Styling Gel: offers medium hold without synthetic fixatives or PVP; contains Acerola.