philsophy to support mental health via new ‘hope & grace’ initiative
NEW YORK — Beauty brand philosophy has announced the launch of the hope & grace initiative to support mental health. Through the hope & grace initiative, philosophy will dedicate 1% of all sales across all products to organizations working to empower women through the promotion, prevention and treatment of mental health.
The program launched this month on philosophy.com, and will become integrated into all philosophy retail channels (online, in-store and televised) in January 2015. Within five years, the hope & grace initiative is projected to donate more than $10 million toward the cause.
With the initiative, philosophy becomes the first beauty company to place a concentrated focus on mental health and wellbeing, the company stated. In addition, philosophy becomes the first global skin care and fragrance brand to make a brand-wide commitment to dedicate at least 1% of all sales towards philanthropic efforts — with no product restrictions.
"More than any other issue, mental wellbeing is directly connected to the spirit of the philosophy brand," said Jill Scalamandre, SVP, philosophy brand and Coty Prestige skin care. "Our products have always been 'wrapped' in insight and inspiration, so we can encourage beautiful days, as well as beautiful skin. By dedicating a portion of the sale of every product at all times, we can be confident that the contribution we are making is significant and that we'll be able to further empower her from the inside out."
Changing the landscape of philanthropic efforts in the beauty industry, the hope & grace initiative created the Hope & Grace Fund as a project of the New Venture Fund, a public charity dedicated to supporting innovative and effective public interest projects. With guidance from an advisory board made up of leaders in the mental health arena, philosophy will annually give multiple grants on average of $25,000 through the Hope & Grace Fund to support hundreds of qualified organizations around the world.
In its first year, the fund plans to target organizations that work with women in the United States who are currently underserved by mental health services by providing grants to community-based mental health organizations.
The first grant is designated to Bring Change 2 Mind, a national anti-stigma organization co-founded by actress Glenn Close with the mission to raise awareness and work to end the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental illness.
"It just doesn't make sense that we don't talk openly about mental illness because it affects so many of us," Close said. "When my sister, who lives with bipolar disorder, had the courage to ask for help, it started the conversation in our family. Talking openly is the first step in ending stigma and discrimination, and will lead to treatment and save lives. philosophy's hope & grace initiative is an inspiring, ground-breaking example of ways to improve how society views mental illness."
Daddy & Co. unveils new all-natural baby care line
NEW YORK — Daddy & Co. has created a new baby care line dubbed Daddy’s All Natural Health and Skincare.
The collection includes baby bubble bath, baby shampoo and body wash, organic talc-free baby powder and all-natural baby lotion:
All Daddy’s products are made in the United States and are paraben- and sulfate-free, hypoallergenic, free of dyes and certified by Healthy Child Healthy World Foundation.
- Daddy’s All Natural Baby Lotion is priced at $12.95. It contains natural ingredients, specifically formulated for sensitive skin to moisturize, protect and nourish. It is available in both calming lavender and fragrance free.
- Daddy’s Organic Talc-Free Baby Powder is priced at $9.95. It absorbs wetness and relieves chafing on baby's bottom. It’s talc-free, non-GMO and certified USDA organic.
- Daddy's Baby Bubble Bath is priced at $12.95. It contains natural ingredients and is available in both calming lavender and fragrance free. It contains no harsh bubbling agents, is paraben and sulfate free, hypoallergenic, and free of dyes.
- Daddy's Baby Shampoo & Body Wash is priced at $12.95. It is made specifically for baby's sensitive skin and fine hair. This gentle formula is ideal for daily use. It is available in calming lavender and fragrance free, is paraben and sulfate free, hypoallergenic, and free of dyes.
SheaMoisture creates new anti-aging hair remedies
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. — SheaMoisture has expanded its portfolio with the new SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal Haircare Collection, which will be available at Ulta Beauty locations starting in the fall.
Each 10-in-1 Renewal product contains certified organic and natural ingredients, and features 10 benefits for even the most tired hair: age-defy, anti-stress, color protect, hydrate, nourish, increase manageability, revive body and soften without buildup, the company stated. The collection is sulfate and paraben-free.
The collection also boasts a proprietary blend of certified organic shea butter, a superfruit nutrient complex, marula oil and biotin. The collection includes:
- SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal Shampoo – Aids in protecting and renewing vibrancy to lackluster hair. Promotes a healthy scalp and provides gentle sulfate-free cleansing. The suggested retail price is $10.99;
- SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal Conditioner – Detangles, while providing color protection, moisture and manageability. SRP: $10.99;
- SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal Hair Serum – Gives hair a quick infusion of moisture. Hair looks more vibrant and lustrous. SRP: $10.99;
- SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal Hair Masque – This intensive, antioxidant-rich treatment repairs dull, lifeless hair in a matter of minutes. Leave on between 5 and 30 minutes, depending on hair’s condition and damage. SRP: $12.99.
The products do not contain parabens, sulfates, phthalates, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance or artificial color. They are color-safe, the company stated.