Oracle CEO interviews Walgreens around its IT capabilities
Scanbuy survey: Most app users seeking deals, new product info on regular basis
NEW YORK — More than half of consumers use coupon apps once or twice a month, with food and beverage being the most popular category, according to new data from Scanbuy, a provider of mobile engagement solutions.
“Our survey of ScanLife users demonstrates the ever-increasing influence of smartphones on consumer shopping behavior and attitudes,” said Maryann Moschides, VP of marketing at Scanbuy. “Marketers should take note that the majority of mobile consumers are hungry for personalized deals and promotions from their favorite brands to help them save money and discover new products and services.”
Highlights from the survey of its ScanLife app users include:
• More than half of respondents (51%) said they use coupon apps once or twice a month while 20% use them daily;
• Nearly half of respondents (47%) said they will sometimes try a new product by receiving a coupon/discount offer while 23% said they “almost always” will;
• Food and beverage was the top product category for using coupons and discount offers (55%), followed by apparel (15%) and electronics (13%);
• One in four survey respondents said they use mobile discount coupons every day while another 38% said they use coupons weekly;
• When interested in a new product, most respondents (56%) said they conduct online search, followed by scanning a product barcode (20%) or visiting a store (15%); and
• Receiving product discounts and coupons was the information survey respondents wanted most from scanning (75%), while receiving new product information was the second most popular reason.
More than 15,000 people responded to survey questions inside the ScanLife app over a 30-day period in June 2014.
Through the refreshed ScanLife app, users can receive personalized deals and promotions based on their preferences and interests. The ScanLife app is available for free on Android and iOS.
Farouk Systems’ new site features CHI, BioSilk brands
HOUSTON — Hair care company Farouk Systems has announced the launch of its newly designed website featuring both the CHI and BioSilk brands.
The site, lFarouk.com, is optimized for both mobile devices and desktop computers.
The company noted that, for 2015 and beyond, many development projects are in the works from upcoming product launches to the dawning of new product partnerships with several TV and film productions in Hollywood.