Orabrush taps former Sony Online Entertainment exec to serve as CTO
OREM, Utah — Orabrush, a maker of oral care products, has appointed Brent Rambo, a former executive at Sony Online Entertainment, as the company’s chief technology officer.
In this newly created position, Rambo will lead a new ad-technology division to develop new proprietary processes and systems for the company to maximize and scale its YouTube advertising and marketing model.
“The addition of Brent will help us usher in a new phase of the company,” stated Jeff Davis, CEO at Orabrush. “We view our ad-tech division as an extension of the brand building success achieved with our own bad breath brands. We’ve seen considerable demand from companies large and small for our expertise and look forward to building out this area of the business under Brent’s leadership.”
Dubbed the “reverse marketing model,” Orabrush’s video marketing model combines creative content with YouTube advertising to generate high levels of awareness and drive e-commerce conversion or traffic to retail outlets. Rambo will work to streamline the video optimization and YouTube ad buys currently executed by Orabrush’s marketing team with greater efficiency.
“Throughout my career, I have been drawn to opportunities that allow me to demonstrate my skill set in creating highly efficient and optimized processes and systems, and Orabrush presents an exciting opportunity to do this in online video marketing,” stated Rambo. “Orabrush is poised to capitalize on the shift taking place in digital advertising with its reverse marketing model. I have been impressed by its ability to build brands at far less cost and in much less time than traditional methods, with higher industry levels of success. I look forward to making this ad-tech division the recognized market leader in online video marketing.”
At Sony Online Entertainment, Rambo managed several internal divisions and was responsible for the technology infrastructure behind the launch of multiple AAA games, including the popular multiplayer online first-person shooter PlanetSide 2. A lifelong entrepreneur with more than two decades of technology experience, Rambo co-founded MarquisNet, a data center company that serves companies as a disaster recovery hot site, and led the company to a multi-million dollar acquisition as president.
Orabrush became one of the first consumer brands to commercialize a product globally using exclusively YouTube video advertising. Today, the company has accumulated more than 60 million views across its Orabrush and Orapup YouTube channels, driving millions in online sales of the tongue cleaning products for humans and dogs and securing international retail placement in more than 30,000 stores.
Eco-Beauty by La Fresh Group develops Be Good. skin care line
ANAHEIM, Calif. — La Fresh Group, maker of portable Travel Lite and Eco-Beauty wet wipes, has announced the launch of Eco-Beauty Be Good., a line of skin care products made with a natural anti-aging botanical complex of maqui berry, licorice root, ginkgo leaf, grape seed and hickory bark.
“At La Fresh, we focus on developing chic products that are not only convenient and meet today’s on-the-go lifestyle, but also conscientious about the environment and good for your skin,” explained Eve Yen, founder and president of La Fresh Group. “I love discovering new skin care solutions, and with the Eco-Beauty Be Good. line, maintaining fresh and youthful skin appearance is easy to achieve and a pleasure to use.”
The new Eco-Beauty Be Good. line includes:
- Good Bye. Face Cleansing Wipes to remove light makeup and cleanse away surface toxins. They are made with mild cleansing formula and FSC and Rainforest Alliance-certified compostable wipes.
- Good Times. Facial Treatment Cloth Masks replenish skin with hyaluronic acid, vitamin B5 and natural cucumber;
- Good Start. Face Serum moisturizes skin day and night to restore a visibly softer and brighter skin appearance. Made with collagen-producing peptides, hyaluronic acid, CoQ-10, natural aloe, jojoba oil, vitamin C and vitamin E;
- Good Day. Day Moisturizer provides hydration for a fresher skin appearance. It is made with peptides, hyaluronic acid, natural cucumber, aloe, antioxidant panthenol (vitamin B), vitamin C and vitamin E;
- Good Night. Night Cream offers hydration and restores a visibly smoother and plumper skin appearance. Made with peptides, hyaluronic acid, natural shea butter, aloe, antioxidant panthenol (vitamin B), folic acid and vitamin E; and
- Hello. Lips Treat brings volume and moisture back, smoothing fine lines and shaping lip contours. It is made with collagen-producing oligopeptides, shea and cocoa butter and an oil blend of almond, jojoba, peppermint and cinnamon.
Somersets shave line inks deal with Walgreens
BOSTON — Somersets, a line of shaving and skincare products from the United Kingdom, has announced a new retail partnership with Walgreens, beginning this month.
In support of the new distribution, Somersets will highlight Walgreens in promotional materials as well as a social media campaign. Products available at the launch locations include:
- Somersets Extra Sensitive Shaving Oil for Men: Specially formulated for sensitive skin, just three drops of this cooling oil enables men to get a close, smooth shave without nicks, cuts or razor burn (with or without water); Rosehip Seed Oil and Evening Primrose Oil moisturize and soothe skin;
- Somersets After-Shave Face Balm: Chilean rosehip seed oil, aloe vera and chamomile combine to create a balm that helps to heal skin and soothe razor burn after shaving; it absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue and contains glycerin for added moisture.
Somersets Extra Sensitive Shaving Oil for Men is rolling out in more than 6,800 Walgreens locations, and Somersets After-Shave Face Balm in approximately 1,800 locations. Through this partnership, Somersets is continuing to expand its national distribution and will be followed by a broader retail launch this year, the company stated.