Noah’s Naturals expands Natural Age Repair collection
LOS ANGELES Noah’s Naturals is enabling beauty mavens to get a safe, sunless tan — plus anti-aging benefits — with its new Glowing Bronzer Fluid and Firming Bronzing Cream.
The products are the newest introduction to the brand’s Natural Age Repair collection. A departure from its existing line of natural scrubs, cleansers and shampoos, this marks Noah’s Naturals’ first foray into natural face and body bronzers.
The Glowing Bronzer Fluid is designed to blend evenly into facial skin to help even tone and mask the appearance of age spots, small blood vessels and minor skin imperfections. The formula is infused with skin soothing ingredients like aloe vera and antioxidant vitamin E.
The Firming Bronzing Cream is a body cream that promises to help tighten and tone skin while masking imperfections and giving skin a sun-kissed glow. Ingredients include vitamins B5 and E, allantoin and bea glucan to help improve skin’s elasticity and moisturization.
The products are available beginning in March at select drug stores, mass-market retailers and specialty retailers nationwide.
P&G launches whitening collection
CINCINNATI Procter & Gamble is going 3-D with its new Crest and Oral-B 3D White collection, which launches this month.
“Research shows that many consumers are overwhelmed by the vast selection of whitening products available, which causes them to experience confusion when making purchasing decisions and ultimately express dissatisfaction with their results,” stated Doreen Bayliff, VP of P&G North American Oral Care. “We created the new 3D White collection so that consumers can easily choose the ideal combination of products for them, based on their desired level of whitening, effort and price point. And, with the use of the 3D White collection, we can guarantee consumers will not only see a whiter smile, but also be happy with their results.”
The Crest and Oral-B 3D White collection includes Professional Effects Whitestrips with Advanced Seal Technology, Vivid toothpaste, MultiCare whitening rinse, and Advantage Vivid and Pulsar Advanced Vivid toothbrushes.
The collection works in combination for noticeable whitening results. According to P&G, the system was created to address both the surface stains as well as embedded stains.
- Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips with Advanced Seal technology features P&G’s most efficacious concentration of whitening ingredient available at retail. The strips are to be worn once a day for 30 minutes. The $50 kit offers 20 whitening doses.
- Crest 3D White Vivid toothpaste promises to provide up to 80% stain removal for a whiter smile in 14 days. A patented dual-action silica system helps polish away surface stains to gently whiten teeth. The toothpaste is priced at $3.25 for 4 ounces; $3.75 for 5.8 ounces; and $4.25 for 7.6 oz.
- Crest 3D White MultiCare whitening rinse is specifically formulated with two whitening ingredients, hydrogen peroxide and sodium hexametaphosphate, to whiten teeth by removing surface stains and protecting against future stains. The price is $5.89 for 473ml and $7.29 for 946ml.
- Oral-B Pulsar 3D White Advanced Vivid toothbrush vibrates and polishes away surface stains on and between teeth. MicroPulse bristles pivot and pulse to clean teeth, while a pressure-sensitive head adjusts to the contours of the teeth. The price is $6.99.
- Oral-B Advantage 3D White Vivid toothbrush features center bristles that hold toothpaste, extra long bristles to help clean hard-to-reach places and blue “indicator” bristles that fade away so consumers know when to replace the brush. The price is $3.49.
Men’s grooming awash with innovative launches
For those personal care manufacturers looking to appeal to men, the potential “is staggering,” thanks in part to the ongoing rise of middle-class sectors and marketers’ more sophisticated appeals to men, according to a recent report on men’s grooming.
Packaged Facts’ report, “Men’s Grooming Products: A Global Analysis,” stated that male-specific body wash, deodorant, hair gel, shaving cream, razors, moisturizers, etc., constitute one of those markets that now outpaces the overall beauty/grooming retail markets in many countries of the world, despite the wobbly economy. Valued at $19.7 billion worldwide in 2009, male-specific products are expected to mushroom to $28 billion by 2014.
New to retail shelves, and highlighted in ads during this year’s Super Bowl, is the new Dove Men+Care product line from Unilever, which marks the brand’s first-ever product line created just for him. The collection, available as of December 2009, includes body and face wash, body and face bar, and a shower tool.
Procter & Gamble Beauty’s Head & Shoulders brand also is stepping into the men’s segment with the launch of its first “for men” series with a new shampoo and 2-in-1 line dubbed Hair Endurance for Men.
Pert Plus, from Innovative Brands, has introduced for 2010 its new Pert Plus for Men Refreshing 3-in-1, which expands on its existing Pert Plus for Men line. Also new from Innovative Brands for 2010 is Sure for Men antiperspirant and deodorant in Outdoor Sport, Mountain Frost and Crisp Breeze fragrances.
On the retailer side, grocer H-E-B has launched a new men’s grooming department that was developed in partnership with P&G and boasts more than 530 products for men. The new Men’s Zone—located within Texas H-E-B stores in Boerne, San Antonio and Shertz—also offers touchscreens so men can get grooming tips and discover new products.
Meanwhile, Drugstore.com recently launched its first Web site exclusively catering to the personal care needs of men. AtHisBest.com features more than 10,000 SKUs of men’s grooming, health, home, fitness, sex and personal care essentials.