Nestlé gets into the holiday spirit with limited-edition candy
GLENDALE, Calif. — Nestlé is fully embracing the holiday season ahead by releasing limited-edition varities of its most popular products. Using flavors inspired by this time of year along with fun shapes and packaging, the company is certain these products will be the perfect stocking stuffers. The lineup will feature ready to bake mixes and candy from the popular Butterfinger, Gobstopper, Original Spree, Nestlé Crunch and SweeTARTS brands.
The newly launched limited-edition flavors are:
· Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups Snowman – These snowman shaped treats contain no artificial flavors or colors. They feature just the right amount of crispety, crunchety pieces that are encased in a smooth milk chocolate coating. The 1.2 oz. size will be sold for the suggested retail price of 0.74 cents;
· Original Spree and Everlasting Gobstopper Snowballs – The reindeer-themed goodie bags used for these feature red and green Original Spree candy and Everlasting Gobstopper Snowballs that are sweet on the outside, and tart and chewy on the inside. Both contain no artificial flavors and the 4.5 oz. size will be sold for the suggested retail price of $1.60;
· Nestlé Crunch Medallion – Molded with a gingerbread man and his adorable little pup in a winter setting, this snackable chocolate treat also is made without artificial flavors or colors. Consumers will be able to purchase the 1.2 oz. size for the suggested retail price of 0.74 cents;
· Nestlé Crunch 1 lb., Bar – This full pound of chocolate is wrapped in packaging reminiscent of an ugly holiday sweater. Made with no artificial flavors or colors, this treat can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $10.36 for 16 oz.; and
· SweeTARTS Merry Mix – Consumers are able to create festive shapes that are perfect for decorating, baking and snacking with this mix. The reclosable bag makes this ideal for more than one use, and can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $2.99 for 11 oz.
“The holidays are a special time of year, but we understand they can also be one of the busiest,” Deep Silver, seasonal marketing manager, Nestlé USA Confections & Snacks said. “This year, our sweet seasonal offerings provide a fun and festive solution that will make holiday planning that much easier, so our customers can focus on the best present of all: time spent with friends, family, and loved ones.”
Pepsi teams up with Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge
PURCHASE N.Y. — Pepsi has announced a partnership with "Baby Bombers" generation member and rising star of the Yankees, Aaron Judge. The outfielder will serve as the new face of the beverage company, championing the spirit and excitement of baseball on and off the field.
"We are thrilled to welcome Aaron to the Pepsi family," Justin Toman, senior director, Sports Marketing, PepsiCo said. "He's one of the biggest rising stars in baseball and we're looking forward to working together to engage baseball enthusiasts in new and unique ways next season and beyond."
During his first full season with the team, Judge has become a rookie with a record of 52 home runs just within this year. The brand is certain he will bring the excitement of America’s favorite pastime to fans of the team and beverage nationwide during the 2018 season and beyond.
"I am very excited to be working with Pepsi. Having grown up with Pepsi in my home, it makes this partnership even more special," New York Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge said. "Just like Pepsi, I always try to find ways to celebrate this great sport with our fans. They're now providing me another way to share my passion for the game."
Pepsi is continuing its relationship with the game, as exemplified to players past and present. Most recently, the “Caps off to the Yankees” program with Gary Sanchez solidified this by allowing fans the opportunity to select a limited-edition Gary-inspired New York Yankees cap designed by Bronx artist Andre Trenier.
Kinder Joy brings a surprise filled treat to the U.S.
PARSIPPANY, N.J. — Ferrero U.S.A, Inc., known best for the Ferrero Rocher, Nutella, and Tic Tac consumables will now be adding a long-awaited product to its portfolio. The company will officially be launching the Kinder Joy, a candy filled treat containing a surprise toy later this year.
The egg shaped treat is composed of two sealed halves, the first being two soft cream layers. One side is a sweet milk-cream flavor and the other cocoa. Nestled into the creamy layers is two round chocolate covered wafer bites filled with cocoa cream. The other half of the egg contains an exciting surprise toy.
"When you're a kid, every surprise counts, especially the little ones. Kinder Joy is a fun, new way to help parents bring little surprises to their kids anytime they want," Paul Chibe, CEO of Ferrero North America, said. "The delicious, unique taste of Kinder Joy and the wide variety of toys will delight kids, while mom and dad will be surprised by the high quality of the confection and toys – it's unlike anything currently on the U.S. market."
Currently sold in over 170 countries, the Kinder brand offers a wide range of chocolate and other sweet treats consumers can enjoy. As an added bonus with every purchase, parents also will be able to access Magic Kinder – an edutainment app offering a digital world of fun and education. Available on iOS and Android app stores along with the Magic Kinder website, the QR code provided on the information leaflet accompanying the toys inside Kinder Joy eggs will contain further information.
"Today's parents are looking for an elevated experience for their children, even in their treats. Kinder Joy offers more than just a sweet treat and mystery toy, it also gives parents the opportunity to engage with their children through the Magic Kinder online and mobile platforms," Paul Chibe, said.
Kinder Joy will be sold for the suggested retail price of $1.34 per egg through the holidays in Walmart locations.