Nasoya launches Super Hummus
AYER, Mass. Nasoya has introduced a new hummus product that features soybeans and less oil than the leading hummus brand.
New Super Hummus substitutes low-protein chickpeas with soybeans, which are naturally high in protein. The recipe also reduces the amount of added oil and replaces water with protein rich soymilk.
Available in classic original and spinach garlic, Super Hummus retails for $3.99 per 10-oz. container.
Find healthy foods in a snap with Caloricious
SAN FRANCISCO A new custom search engine for mobile devices enables customers to find nutrition-specific products in their local supermarkets.
Caloricious is a power application that focuses on the preferences and allergens contained in food and beverage items and offers the following features:
- Aquick, easy search of over 30,000 food and beverage items
- Consumer ability to identify products based on nutrients, allergens, ingredients and preference, such as organic, natural, vegetarian and vegan
- Simple explanations of health benefits for each product
- Calorie labeling and marking questionable additives
- Traffic light labeling alerts indicating high fat, cholesterol, sugar and sodium
- Spelling correction and search tips, including descriptive keywords, such as “high protein bars” or “gluten free cereal.”
The app is available on iTunes for $2.99.
“We are thrilled to launch our company in this booming online food media sector,” said Caloricious founder and CEO Guna Ramireddy. “We fully expect that Caloricious will revolutionize the way consumers view shopping for their personal dietary needs.”
Bulldozer relaxation shot looks to demolish energy drink market
MEMPHIS, Tenn. Frontier Beverage Co. has launched its second low-calorie, low-sugar relaxation beverage.
Following the retail debut of Unwind, a 12-oz. relaxation beverage, new Bulldozer is a 3-oz. shot containing 20 calories. Bulldozer is a proprietary blend of B vitamins and antioxidant-rich acai and berry juices combined with natural relaxation agents melatonin, rose hips and valerian root.
“We designed Bulldozer to be the most powerful relaxation aid on the market, with the goal of knocking out the effects of energy drinks, caffeine and daily stresses with only three ounces,” said Terry Harris, Frontier Beverage CEO.