Meijer to host BTS flu-shot campaign
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meijer pharmacies across the Midwest are holding Back to School Immunization Events this weekend to help families guard against the flu before classes start.
Karen Mankowski, VP pharmacy operations, Meijer, reported that the goal of the events are to remind parents why getting flu shots before kids go back to school is the perfect time to minimize the spread of seasonal influenza. "Most people believe the best time to get a flu shot is when the weather gets colder," she said. "But getting a flu shot before or soon after school starts can make a big difference. Once classes start, that's when viruses become, well, viral, and it becomes difficult to keep influenza from spreading."
Pharmacists in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin and Kentucky will offer vaccinations and information about other avoidable conditions that commonly affect school children at all 235 Meijer stores on Aug. 12, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
"There is no expiration date in receiving a flu shot, so the sooner you get your flu shot, the better chance you have of staying healthy this flu season," Mankowski said.
Meijer, Spectrum Health intro co-branded OTC products
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meijer and Spectrum Health today announced they have collaborated to launch a line of co-branded over-the-counter products.
“As the nation’s ninth largest grocery retailer, Meijer has an undeniable presence throughout the Midwest,” Spectrum Health SVP and chief strategy officer Roger Jansen said. “We are excited to work with Meijer. This collaboration enables Spectrum Health to meet consumers where they are on their health-and-wellness journey.”
The line will be available in 23 stores throughout a 13-county region and offer 22 common OTC products, including:
- Allergy Relief Loratadine, 30 tablets
- Allergy Relief 24 Hour Cetirizine, 30 tablets
- Allergy Relief Children’s Diphenhydramine, cherry, 4-fl.-oz.
- Allergy Relief Antihistamine Diphenhydramine, 100 tablets
- Acid Reducer Omeprazole, 3 bottles, 14 tablets each, 42 tablets total
- Laxative Clear Lax, 17.9-oz. powder
- Triple Antibiotic Ointment, 0.5-oz.
- Pain Relief Ibuprofen 200-mg., 2 bottles, 100 tablets each, 200 total
- Pain Relief Acetaminophen 500-mg., 2 bottles, 100 tablets each, 200 total
- Pain Relief Naproxen Sodium 220-mg., 100 caplets
- Pain Relief Children’s Acetaminophen, grape, 4-fl.-oz.
- Pain Relief Children’s Ibuprofen 100-mg., berry, 4-fl.-oz.
- Pain Relief Aspirin Low Dose Enteric Coated Tablet 81-mg., 2 bottles, 120 tablets each, 240 total tablets
- Adult Multi Vitamin Gummy, assorted flavors, 150 count
- Calcium Supplement 600-mg. with Vitamin D3, 300 tablets
- Adult Women’s Multi Vitamin One Daily Tablet, 100 tablets
- Adult Men’s Multi Vitamin One Daily Tablet, 100 tablets
- Sleep Support Melatonin 5-mg., 120 tablets
- Children’s Multi Vitamin Animal Shape Chewable, 60 tablets
- Glucosamine Chondroitin Complex Supplement with Vitamin D, 80 caplets
- Fish Oil Natural Supplement 1200-mg., 200 softgels
- Vitamin D3 2000IU, 100 softgels
“We are very pleased to work with Spectrum Health on such an important product launch,” said Jason Beauch, VP of pharmacy merchandising for Meijer. “Spectrum Health is an outstanding healthcare provider in West Michigan and this product launch provides yet another option for us as we strive to provide healthy living solutions for our customers.”
Profits from the sale of the products will be split between Meijer and Spectrum Health, with Spectrum Health’s portion of the proceeds benefitting Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
ORB launches time-release line of vitamins
NEW YORK — ORB on Tuesday announced their first innovation, an intelligent, futuristic line of vitamins covering seven key benefits anchored in their Terra Intelligent Dosing system. Exclusive to ORB, this technology ensures key nutrients are time-released throughout the day (or night) so the full benefits are absorbed.
"We firmly believe that innovation makes wellness better and vitamins have been due for a reinvention. ORB delivers the vitamin performance that modern lifestyles require," stated Matt Hesse, CEO of Corr-Jensen, founder of ORB. "We aren't afraid of shaking things up and doing things differently, so we created a groundbreaking line of high-tech vitamins that are designed to look as good as they feel."
ORB is available nationally online and in-store, at Amazon, GNC, H-E-B, The Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World, Meijer and select Walgreens stores for $39.99 (60 capsules) and $19.95 (30 capsules).