Mead, Five Star create fashion-forward school supplies
KETTERING, Ohio — Parents with students heading back to school this fall will find a dazzling new array of stylish school supplies from Mead and Five Star at their local drug stores.
The new school supply lines feature chic patterns and on-trend fashions diverse enough to fit any student's taste, yet affordable enough to match a parent's budget.
This year's top designs include:
- Mead Shape It Up: Painterly brushstrokes and organic shapes pop from the refined color palette of the new Shape It Up line. Hearts, polka dots and stripes in black, white and coral are striking when combined with the metallic gold foil accents. Available products include notebooks, composition books and folders.
- Mead Pretty Please: With a free-spirited bohemian vibe, the Mead Pretty Please line mixes multiple patterns synergistically with a soft color palette for a sophisticated take on the look. Beautiful pearl-blue accents added to the notebooks, binders and folders found in this line add just the right touch of elegance.
- Botanical Boutique: Bright color schemes pop off a neutral palette to create a fun and fresh style showcasing natural elements. Botanical Boutique® will be sure to brighten days with its whimsical doodle style and embossed accents. Available products in this design include notebooks, binders, mini composition books and folders.
- MeadSports: For athletes or sports fans, these confident quotes in glossy, textured text will make it all about the game and the attitude that goes along with it. This sports-minded line keeps heads in the game and is found on notebooks and folders.
- All Around Girl: The themes of All-Around Girl capture the strong, spirited nature of girls everywhere, contributing to the larger effort to build confidence among females. The glittery text with sayings that instill determination gives girls an eye-catching visual to pair with strong messaging. Available products include notebooks and folders.
- Purrs & Gurrs: Nothing inspires affection like puppies and kittens. The fun part of these notebooks is that they come with 50+ glossy, textured stickers and plenty of blank space for complete customization. Product availability includes notebooks and folders.
- Baby Zoosters: The only thing cuter than animals are baby animals! These notebooks and folders can provoke a smile on any given day with close-up shots of zoo babies' faces. The notebooks include a special tear-out poster featuring six baby zoo animals. The folders offer fun facts about the baby animals to provide some extra knowledge outside of class!
- Five Star Style: Design reigns supreme in the 2016 Five Star Style collection. A spin-off of painterly brush strokes, sketched and expressive line work looks spontaneous while keeping an artistic feel. The geometric patterns have been redefined in a modern look with bright colors that bring energy and vibrancy. Five Star products are known for their ability to last the school year, and these fashionable supplies will do the same. The complete line features the Five Star Flex Hybrid NoteBinder, expanding files, folders, binders, pencil pouches, Advance and spiral notebooks, planners and composition books.
- Five Star Graphics: From camo to plaid, digital pixel effects layered in bright or contrasting colors dynamically pull patterns further away from tradition. This new line of Five Star Graphics appeals to both boys and girls alike. Three patterns are available in a collection of durable notebooks, composition books and folders.
The the full lineup of new Mead and Five Star products, click here. Mead and Five Star products are available at drug stores and other retailers nationwide.
CVS first national retailer to return to Lower Ninth Ward since Hurricane Katrina
Tide launches new eco-friendly detergent
CINCINNATI — Eco-minded consumers have a new reason to shop the laundry aisle thanks to a new product from Tide.
Hitting shelves across the country this week is the latest innovation in Tide’s ongoing commitment to sustainability: Tide purclean. It's the first biobased laundry detergent with the cleaning power of Tide.
New Tide purclean is comprised of a 65% biobased formula (showcased on-product with the USDA Certified Biobased label) that delivers the same cleaning power, stain removal and color care found in Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent, with a light Honey Lavender fragrance for a subtle, clean scent.
“We know we cannot positively impact the planet with a laundry detergent if people will not use it,” said Sundar Raman, VP, North America Fabric Care. “Many people have yet to embrace laundry detergents with biobased ingredients because they feel there is a trade-off when it comes to cleaning performance, so we designed our biobased formula to provide more of the environmental benefits people increasingly seek, without compromising the trusted cleaning power of Tide. This is our first step with biobased ingredients and while we know we have much to learn, we hope Tide purclean will set a new standard for eco-friendly detergents.”
The detergent is produced at a zero manufacturing waste to landfill facility using 100% renewable wind power electricity and the bottle is also 100% recyclable. It is formulated to perform in cold water conditions to help save energy (but can be used in any water temperature). Tide purclean is also compatible with both HE (high efficiency) and non-HE washing machines.
Tide purclean is available now in 50- and 75-ounce sizes at mass and grocery retailers as well as a 100-ounce size in club store distribution with suggested pricing from $11.99-$19.99.