Maybelline New York debuting new mascara
NEW YORK Maybelline New York is launching its new Falsies by Volum’ Express mascara at retail in July.
According to the manufacturer, the secret of the Falsies mascara is in the exclusive, spoon-shaped brush with its flexor stem wand designed to sit perfectly along the lash line, cupping and fanning out the lashes. The ideal amount of product, a pro-keratin fiber-enriched formula, is deposited and swept through lashes from corner to corner in one sweep. Lashes instantly will appear super-sized with full density and no visible gaps from any angle.
“Maybelline New York is making it easier for women everywhere to get the fullest, boldest, most dramatic lashes possible — from a tube,” stated Carolyn Holba, SVP marketing for Maybelline New York-Garnier. “Bold, dramatic lashes — once achieved only with the help of professional makeup artists or talented consumers — can now be attained with the stroke of the wand.”
Falsies mascara will be available in three washable and two waterproof shades. The washable shades are blackest black, very black and brownish black. The waterproof shades are very black and brownish black. The suggested retail price is $7.77.
Noxzema ‘comes clean’ with new look, ad campaign
MELROSE PARK, Ill. Skin care brand Noxzema has a new look and is celebrating its new clean blemish control formulations, a new campaign and a new brand partner.
As reported earlier this year by Drug Store News, Alberto-Culver, which bought the Noxzema brand from Procter & Gamble in 2008, is giving the line a makeover with several new products and a new, restaged look. New to the nine-SKU portfolio for 2010 are the clean blemish control foaming wash and the clean blemish control daily scrub.
Partnering with Noxzema is New York City-based dermatologist Dr. Hilary Reich. Reich specializes in the treatment of acne for adults and teens, as well as general skin care.
In addition, the brand has unveiled its “Come Clean” ad campaign, which encourages women to fix their problems and not cover them up by flaunting their unblemished skin. The campaign will be complemented with an advertorial program, fearing actress Ginnifer Goodwin. The campaign will debut in July in print and online publications including Allure, Glamour, Self and Lucky.
CEW Beauty Awards salute innovative products
NEW YORK Cosmetic Executive Women recognized the most innovative beauty products of the year at the 16th annual CEW Beauty Awards, held May 21 at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York.
A full list of 31 winning products — covering makeup, hair care, sun care and more — can be found below.
The CEW Beauty Awards is the only awards program where the winners are determined exclusively by beauty insiders — more than 3,600 professionals working in beauty, cosmetics, fragrance and related industries.
“Women are very savvy when it comes to buying beauty products; they’re looking for the best results at the best price. The CEW Beauty Awards provides consumers with insight into the best products the industry has to offer,” said Carlotta Jacobson, CEW president.
There were nearly 550 entries and 155 finalists among 31 categories, ranging from makeup to hair care, sun to scent. Both mass products (available at drug stores) and prestige products (available at department and specialty stores) were honored.
To make the winning products available to consumers, CEW has national retail partnerships with CVS/pharmacy, Nordstrom and QVC. Moreover, the 2010 Beauty Award Winners will be showcased and promoted with custom promotions in store, online and on television throughout the year.
Sponsors of the 2010 CEW Beauty Awards included, but were not limited to: Allure, CVS/pharmacy, Crest and Oral-B 3D White, Veet, Nordstrom and TRESemme. NPD Group defines the categories while Ernst & Young tabulates the ballots.
The 2010 CEW Beauty Awards winners are:
- BATH AND BODYBody Treatment MassVaseline sheer infusion with stratys-3Body Treatment PrestigeOrigins Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins night health bedtime sprayBath/Shower Product MassOlay body wash plus tone enriching ribbonsBath/Shower Product PrestigeFresh sugar acai body scrub
- FACIAL SKINCAREAcne TreatmentLa Roche Posay effaclar AI intensive acne spot treatmentAnti-Aging MassOlay professional pro-x deep wrinkle treatmentAnti-Aging PrestigeLancome Genifique youth activating concentrateCleanser & Scrub MassVisine total eye soothing wipesCleanser & Scrub PrestigeShiseido Future Solution LX extra rich cleansing foamEye Treatment MassOlay Regenerist anti-aging eye rollerEye Treatment PrestigeShiseido Benefiance NutriPerfect eye serumMoisturizer MassGarnier Nutritioniste skin renew awakening face massagerMoisturizer PrestigeShiseido Future Solution Total Regenerating Cream
- HAIRHair Care Product MassL’Oreal Paris EverPure sulfate-free color care moisture shampooHair Care Product PrestigeLiving Proof no frizz shampooHair Coloring Product PrestigeColorMetrics TouchBack by ColorMarkHair Styling Product MassKlorane no rinse care with papyrus milkHair Styling Product PrestigeLiving Proof full thickening cream
- MAKEUPEye Product MassCoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlastEye Product PrestigeLancome Oscillation powerbooster vibrating amplifying primerFace Product MassCoverGirl Simply Ageless sculpting blushFace Product PrestigeClinique Redness Solutions instant relief mineral powderLip Product MassMaybelline New York Color Sensational lipcolorLip Product PrestigeGuerlain Rouge G de Guerlain
- MEN’S GROOMINGAmerican Crew Trichology Hair Recovery Patch
- SCENTMen’s ScentJohn Varvatos ArtisanWomen’s Scent MassP&G Prestige Avril Lavigne Black StarWomen’s Scent PrestigeCoty Prestige Lola Marc Jacobs
- SUNSun Product MassNeutrogena sensitive skin sunblock lotion SPF 60+ with PureScreenSun Product PrestigeBare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 30 natural sunscreen
- INDIE BEAUTY AWARDLiving Proof