Mars to roll out new chocolate, ice cream varieties
ATLANTA Mars Chocolate North America is set to unveil its newest innovations in chocolate and ice cream.
Mars will unveil several new items this week at this year’s National Association of Convenience Stores show in Atlanta:
- In December, Snickers will add peanut butter to its confection of peanuts, caramel, nougat and milk chocolate, Snickers Peanut Butter Squared;
- Limited edition Twix coconut cookie bars will launch in April 2011; and
- Mars Ice Cream will introduce new three pint flavors in January 2011, including:
- Snickers rocky road ice cream, which features chocolate and marshmallow ice cream, chocolate-covered peanuts and chopped Snickers pieces;
- Milky Way ice cream, which consists of chocolate malt ice cream, smooth caramel and delectable chocolate chunks; and
- Twix peanut butter ice cream, which offers rich peanut butter ice cream, chocolate swirls, cookie balls and chopped pieces of Twix cookie bars.
“At Mars Chocolate North America, we strive to help our retailers drive profit by providing them with innovative new products, exciting consumer promotions and effective sales tools,” said Jim Murphy, VP sales at Mars Chocolate North America.
Huggies covers ‘every little bottom’ with diaper drive
DALLAS Kimberly-Clark’s Huggies brand has kicked off a diaper drive with the help of "Grey’s Anatomy" star Ellen Pompeo.
The diaper drive, Every Little Bottom, will include a series of local drives, events, a donation from the brand and other activities to generate up to 20 million diapers for babies in need. Pompeo, who recently gave birth to her daughter, serves as an ambassador for the cause.
"As a new mom, I was shocked when I learned how prevalent diaper need is in the U.S. It is heartbreaking to imagine the ongoing struggle these moms face to provide enough diapers to change their babies and the toll that takes on babies in our own communities," Pompeo said. "I am proud to be an Every Little Bottom ambassador to help spread the word and encourage communities to help us collect and donate diapers to babies in need."
The diapers donated will reach babies in need through two Every Little Bottom partners –– a network of diaper banks and Feeding America.
Added Huggies brand senior director Stu Schneider, "The national expansion of Huggies Every Little Bottom will allow us to help even more babies across the country. And, the ability for us to truly localize this effort through the help of our dedicated partners and retailers to help babies right in their own backyards is critical to making an impact."
Marzetti introduces Otria Greek yogurt veggie dip
COLUMBUS, Ohio Marzetti has introduced a veggie dip line that is friendly to taste buds and waistlines.
Otria Greek yogurt veggie dip, available for a suggested retail price of $3.49, comes in five flavors: garden herb ranch, salsa cilantro, chipotle cheese, cucumber dill feta and spinach artichoke.
"We are always looking to develop delicious, new products that fit consumers’ lifestyles," said Mary Beth Cowardin, senior marketing manager for Marzetti dips. "With the introduction of Otria Greek yogurt veggie dip, we’re bringing an innovative twist to traditional Greek yogurt by adding a variety of zesty ingredients to create an everyday snacking escape."