Mallinckrodt completes acquisition of Cadence Pharmaceuticals
DUBLIN — Mallinckrodt, a specialty pharmaceuticals company, announced the completion of its acquisition of Cadence Pharmaceuticals for approximately $1.4 billion.
The acquisition adds Ofirmev (acetaminophen) injection to Mallinckrodt’s roster of brands and its specialty pharmaceuticals portfolio of controlled substance specialty generics.The drug is used to manage mild to moderate pain, the management of moderate to severe pain with adjunctive opioid analgesics and the reduction of fever, the company said. Ofirmev also will expand Mallinckrodt presence in the U.S. hospital channel.
“We are excited by the opportunities provided by Ofirmev, which will significantly expand Mallinckrodt’s ability to serve U.S. hospitals,” said Mark Trudeau, resident and CEO of Mallinckrodt. “As anticipated, the transaction was straightforward, closed quickly, and we are planning for a rapid and successful integration, which we expect to be completed by the beginning of September. We believe this accelerated integration will provide greater clarity and direction for the employees joining us, and ensure that the merger of Ofirmev and the transition of the hospital team into Mallinckrodt is smooth and best serves our customers.”
Ethisphere Institute recognizes L’Oréal as one of ‘World’s Most Ethical Companies’
NEW YORK — Beauty giant L’Oréal has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute, an independent center of research promoting best practices in corporate ethics and governance, as a “World’s Most Ethical Company.”
This marks the fifth time that L’Oréal has received this award, which recognizes organizations that continue to raise the bar on ethical leadership and corporate behavior.
L’Oréal also has reached first place in the personal and household goods sector and eighth globally, with a grade of Aa+, in the Covalence EthicalQuote, a reputation index tracking the world’s largest 581 companies on environmental, social, governance, corporate social responsibility, ethics and sustainability.
"This good news coincides with the launch of our ambitious ‘Sharing Beauty with All’ commitments regarding sustainable innovation, production and consumption," stated Jean-Paul Agon, CEO and chairman of L’Oréal. "Respecting high ethical standards and serving the common good will not only make a real difference in the 21st century, but will also, through the resulting transformations, have a positive impact on our company’s profitability."
Ethics at L’Oréal:
- In 2007, Emmanuel Lulin was appointed as L’Oréal’s chief ethics officer;
- In 2008, Agon received the Stanley C. Pace Leadership in Ethics Award;
- L’Oréal is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact since 2003, is one of the 100 companies included in the new Global Compact 100 stock index and has recently signed the Women’s Empowerment Principles, an initiative of UN Women and the Global Compact; and
- L’Oréal organizes an annual Ethics Day where employees from around the world can chat online with L’Oréal’s chairman and CEO about ethics.
Coola Suncare inks retail partnership with Ulta Beauty
SAN DIEGO — Coola Suncare, a maker of organic sun care products, has announced a new retail partnership with Ulta Beauty.
Through the partnership, Ulta will introduce Coola’s collection of products to more than 700 of its beauty doors across the United States and on Ulta.com in March.
The products that will be available include —
- Liplux SPF30 original and vanilla/peppermint
- Classic Face SPF 30 cucumber and unscented
- Classic Body SPF 30 plumeria
- Mineral Face SPF 30 Matte cucumber and unscented Matte tint
- Mineral Face SPF 20 rose essence
- Mineral Sport SPF 35 citrus mimosa
- Sport Sprays in SPF 30 unscented, pina colada and citrus mimosa
- Environmental Repair Plus Radical Recovery After Sun Lotion
"Consciously choosing to develop a line of products using ingredients that are organic, sustainable and locally sourced, much like the foods we prefer to eat, Coola offers sun protection for a range of skin types and lifestyles. The products are uniquely formulated for different parts of the body, from the sensitive nature of the face, to the versatile body and the demands of sport. We are confident that Coola will be the ideal solution for Ulta consumers across the country," stated Chris Birchby, founder and CEO of Coola Suncare.