Mad Gab’s launches new lip shimmers line
WESTBROOK, Maine Mad Gab’s Wildly Natural Bodycare, which currently sells its products in select specialty shops in the United States and Canada, has introduced a new line of natural lip shimmers.
The natural lip shimmers (in moose, bear or zoo and aquarium animal graphics) provide a hint of color and are infused with shea butter and mango butter.
The shades include ballet pink, deep plum and light rose. The suggested retail price is $5 each.
N.Y.C. New York Color launches ‘berry’ cool line
NEW YORK N.Y.C. New York Color, a Coty beauty brand, is getting ready for fall with its new limited edition Berry Blossom color collection that includes products for lips, eyes, face and nails.
The collection includes:
- Rose lip gloss ($2.99): This product provides the coverage of a lipstick with the shine of a gloss with lush berry lip shades embossed with a rose pattern. Available shades: Rose kiss and peony kiss.
- Lippin’ Large lip plumper ($3.99): This lip enhancer promises to provide noticeably, fuller, plumper lips instantly with the lip-enhancing effects of cinnamon and ginger. It also is infused with vitamin E to keep lips smooth and soft. Available shades: Pink Tu-Lip and mulberry.
- IndividualEyes custom compact ($4.99): This coordinated shadow collection is designed to intensify and enhance eye color with a berry-inspired palette. Each of the four shades can be worn alone or blended to create a multitude of looks for day or evening. It is enriched with vitamins A and E and green tea extract. The kit includes one primer to prevent eye color from fading; four textured shadows to highlight, contour and define eyes; one illuminator to add dramatic highlight to the brow bone; one double-ended applicator; and step-by-step instructions on how to create several looks. Available shade: Berry Bloom.
- Eye Dust loose powder ($2.99): This blendable powder creates intense, smoky eyes. The concentrated, silky color glides on with a roller ball for a mess-free application. Use a small amount to create a subtle wash of color or more for an intense look. Available shades: Sparkling rose and wild orchid.
- Cheek Glow blush ($2.99): This oil-free blush is formulated with natural oil-absorbing ingredients to help control shine without clogging pores. Calendula extract helps soften skin and allows it to breathe, while oat flower soothes skin and rice starch absorbs oil. Available shades: Rose and cherry blossom.
- In A New York Minute quick dry nail polish ($1.99): Infused with a hint of shimmer to add depth and shine, this quick-dry nail enamel features a unique flat brush to produce the ultimate lacquer effect. Minerals like magnesium, iron, calcium and copper provider strengthening benefits, as the formula boosts shine and speeds drying time. Available shades: Peony and mulberry frost.
Sally Hansen, Glamour announce ‘Best of You’ contest winners
NEW YORK Coty’s beauty brand, Sally Hansen, and Glamour magazine have announced the winners of the 10th annual “Best of You” contest, which honors women for their efforts to make a difference in their communities and around the world.
This year’s “Best of You” contest, which was announced in Glamour’s October 2009 issue, invited women to write an essay about how they use the best of themselves to bring out the best in others. Nominees were judged on their inspirational qualities and by the scope of their accomplishments.
Glamour readers helped select this year’s winners by voting on the magazine’s Glamalert microsite. For each vote Glamour donated $1 to Deutsche Knochenmarkspenderdatei (DKMS), the world’s largest bone marrow donor center committed to the fight against leukemia. In 2006 Coty Inc. joined DKMS in the fight against leukemia by establishing the Coty-DKMS Linked Against Leukemia partnership. The event raised $5,000 in support of Coty-DKMS Linked Against Leukemia.
Each winner received an all-expenses paid trip to New York City. Sally Hansen presented each woman with a $1,000 check to be donated to the charity of her choice. In addition, they were each given a full-service Glamour makeover, and were professionally photographed for a Sally Hansen ad portfolio to run in the September 2010 issue of Glamour. The 2009 “Best of You” grand-prize winners are:
- Cynthia Billingslea, Los Angeles, to benefit Hey Girlfriend Network. Cynthia Billingslea’s personal slogan is: “be the positive change you want to see in others.” To prove it she started the Hey Girlfriend Network, which encourages women to be a positive force in their communities. Cynthia believes that if everyone did just one thing to make his or her local community a better place, it could truly change the world.
- Michelle Chira-Carlton, Orlando, Fla., to benefit Foundation for Foster Children. Most foster families receive only $12 per day to raise a child. To help supplement the lack of funding, Michelle Chira-Carlton created the Foundation for Foster Children, an organization that provides free tutoring, extra curricular activities, fund-raising and much more to foster children.
- Jennifer Culverhouse, Lake Jackson, Texas, to benefit BrightPoint for Children. Jennifer and her husband, Jason, take numerous trips throughout the year to Kenya, where they aid in projects such as pouring cement floors, delivering shoes to needy children and teaching school-age kids. In addition to this charity work, Jennifer, a salon owner, has created and teaches at a hair academy for Cambodian women.
- Dallas Woodburn, Ventura, Calif., to benefit Write On! For Literacy. By the time Dallas reached fifth grade, she was a published author. She has made it her life’s work to give kids a brighter future by instilling in them a love of reading and learning. Dallas created Write On! For Literacy to encourage kids to discover the joys of reading and writing. Since its inception in 2001, Write On! For Literacy?s holiday book drives have collected and distributed more than 10,000 books to underprivileged youth.