Libby’s lets families have dinner ready in less than 1 minute
MARION, N.Y. — Libby's is introducing innovative microwaveable pouches that allow time-crunched families to bring hot vegetables to the table in less than 60 seconds.
Libby's new Vegetable Pouches will sit alongside their canned counterparts on the shelf, but cook in less than 60 seconds in their own pouch – no pots or heating containers needed. The result: hot, nutritious vegetables in a flash and more time to enjoy food and family.
"Although most parents know vegetables are healthy, they are served at only 23 percent of dinners. Libby's understands that parents need options for bringing vegetables to the table that they can feel good about and that help preserve important family time," said Bruce Wolcott, VP of marketing for Seneca Foods. "New Libby's Vegetable Pouches bring farm-fresh goodness to busy families, providing a wholesome addition that cooks quickly and is easy to enjoy together."
Libby's designed these state-of-the-art, lightweight pouches containing Libby's Vegetables to make preparing and serving hot vegetables more convenient than ever.
Libby's Vegetable Pouches:
- Come in five family favorites – Sweet Peas, Cut Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and Mixed Vegetables – and are all grown and packed in the United States
- Stand up straight, are flexible, easy to open and fit nicely into kitchen cabinets, taking up less space
- Are shelf-stable – no need for refrigeration
- Can be served hot or cold, by themselves or as the star ingredient in side dishes, appetizers and other recipes
The new Libby's pouches are launching at retailers across the country now.
Hilco and Disney team up to create lollipop dippers
ATLANTA — Candy and novelty maker Hilco has created fun new lollipop dippers designed to appeal to kids of all ages.
The company is rolling out lollipop dippers with designs of Disney Pixar’s Finding Dory and Finding Nemo.
The character-shaped lollipops have powdered candy to dip and lick and are available in Disney Pixar’s Finding Dory and Nemo characters. Just twist and pull the top off the bottle and dip into the tasty powered candy.
The Jolly Green Giant gets a better-for-you makeover
PARSIPPANY, N.J. — One of America's most popular frozen food brands is answering the call of consumers who want healthier but still convenient meals.
The iconic Green Giant brand is reintroducing itself with a modern take on vegetables and new versions of mealtime favorites, targeting the needs of today's health-minded, convenience-seeking consumers. With a fresh take on yesterday's side dishes, the new Green Giant frozen vegetable product lines include Veggie Tots, Riced Veggies, Mashed Cauliflower and Roasted Veggies.
"Since the acquisition of this iconic brand, we have been working tirelessly to meet consumer desire for new, delicious ways to incorporate more vegetables into their daily lives," said Robert Cantwell, CEO of B&G Foods. "This consumer desire has inspired the creation of new Green Giant frozen innovations, as well as the brand's modernized persona, with the intention of bringing back the Green Giant with a purpose—adding more vegetables to America's plates."
The new Green Giant frozen vegetable products include:
• Veggie Tots: The kid-friendly, mom-approved alternative to potato tots and French fries are filled with vegetables such as cauliflower or broccoli instead of potatoes. Varieties include Cauliflower, Broccoli, and Broccoli & Cheese.
• Riced Veggies: Made from 100% vegetables and with no sauce or seasoning, these veggie alternatives to traditional rice have 70% to 85% fewer calories per serving than the leading brand of prepared white rice. Varieties include Cauliflower, Cauliflower & Broccoli, Cauliflower & Sweet Potato, and Cauliflower Medley.
• Mashed Cauliflower: An alternative to the typical potato side dish. Each half cup serving contains one full serving of cauliflower and 40% to 45% fewer calories than the leading brand of prepared mashed potatoes. Varieties include Original with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, Cheddar & Bacon, and Garlic & Herb.
• Roasted Veggies: Offering the taste of roasted vegetables without the hassle of roasting and cleaning up. These items contain no sauce or seasoning. Varieties of Roasted Veggies include Corn, Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots.
These new Green Giant frozen vegetable products aim to connect with how consumers prepare vegetables today and meet the increasing demand for nutritious, time-saving food options to match consumers' on-the-go lifestyles.
The new Green Giant products will be in retailers nationwide starting in late September.