LDI Integrated Pharmacy Services taps CVS, Catamaran vet as COO
ST. LOUIS — LDI Integrated Pharmacy Services has a new COO. Albert Thigpen has been recruited to lead develop and deploy new and differentiated products and services for the company, allowing it to provide actionable data insights and engaging tools to its clients.
“We are excited to welcome Albert to the LDI executive team. Albert brings an incredible skill set that will improve our processes, strengthen our pharmacy operations and inspire the entire company,” LDI CEO Len Dino said. “Albert is steeped in knowledge about all aspects of pharmacy benefits management and is an outstanding addition to our team.”
Thigpen brings to the company more than 20 years in the industry, with experience including retail pharmacy, pharmacy benefits management, integrated delivery models and managed care. He joins LDI from Catamaran, where he was SVP industry relations and supply chain management, playing a key role in its growth. Before that, he held leadership positions at CVS Health, Kaiser Foundation Health Plans and the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
“LDI has built a reputation for taking great care of clients and plan members,” Thigpen said. “We will build on this 50-year legacy as we enhance PBM, mail order and specialty pharmacy operations across LDI, leveraging experienced people and actionable technology in innovative ways to drive transformational improvements in how pharmacy care is delivered.”
CVS Pharmacy gets URAC Community Pharmacy reaccreditation
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — URAC has reaccredited CVS Pharmacy in Community Pharmacy, the company announced Thursday. The accreditation is the result of the CVS Pharmacy demonstrating a commitment to quality care, improved processes and better patient outcomes, and encompasses all CVS Pharmacy, Longs Drugs and Navarro Discount Pharmacy locations.
"We are proud that our pharmacies have received URAC's reaccreditation in Community Pharmacy," CVS Health EVP retail pharmacy and supply chain Kevin Hourican said. "At CVS Health, we are committed to being a leader in the pharmacy care industry and helping people on their path to better health. Having a respected accreditation organization such as URAC take a close look at the operation of our pharmacies and confirm the quality of the pharmacy care and services we provide demonstrates that we are fulfilling that commitment."
The URAC Community Pharmacy accreditation was created in 2014 as one of its more than 30 accreditation programs. It recognizes pharmacies that provide comprehensive patient care and medication management programs. CVS Pharmacy had to undergo a rigorous evaluation process that validated the quality of its care and services, including medication management, wellness services, preventive services and chronic disease management.
"CVS Pharmacy has chosen to highlight the quality of its service by applying for and receiving Community Pharmacy Accreditation from URAC again in 2017," said Kylanne Green, URAC President and CEO. "In a crowded marketplace, CVS Pharmacy can prove its quality in areas such as medication management, customer service, and safety adhere to best practices established for quality and value."
With this accreditation, CVS Pharmacy has six URAC accreditations, including Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and Health Call Center.
Second class of PQA-CVS Health Foundation Scholars announced
- Alyssa Arway, PharmD Candidate 2019, Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy
- Linn Chie, PharmD Candidate 2018, University of Charleston School of Pharmacy
- Richard Dziallo, PharmD Candidate 2018, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Gabrielle Dziuba, PharmD Candidate 2018, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
- Bailey Eason, PharmD Candidate 2018, Purdue University College of Pharmacy
- Cori Gray, PharmD Candidate 2019, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Alexandra Grudeski, PharmD Candidate 2019, Wilkes University Nesbitt School of Pharmacy
- Johnathan Kloss, PharmD Candidate 2019, Duquesne University School of Pharmacy
- Cody Morcom, PharmD Candidate 2020, Wilkes University Nesbitt School of Pharmacy
- Kevin Nguyen, PharmD Candidate 2019, Howard University College of Pharmacy
- Michael Patti, PharmD Candidate 2019, University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- Angela Simon, PharmD Candidate 2018, University of Toledo College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Alfredo Traversa, PharmD Candidate 2018, Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy
- David Vermeulen, PharmD Candidate 2018, University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- Annette Vidal, PharmD Candidate 2019, Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy
- Harry Vu, PharmD Candidate 2019, University of Kansas School of Pharmacy
- Tyler Wagner, PharmD Candidate 2019, South Carolina College of Pharmacy
- Anne Williams, PharmD Candidate 2018, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Christopher Wilson, PharmD Candidate 2019, University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Pharmacy
- Phoebe Wright, PharmD Candidate 2019, University of Washington School of Pharmacy