Kiss My Face introduces new sun care products for summer
NEW YORK — Kiss My Face announced this week a new line of sun care products featuring sprays, lotions and products for kids.
Kiss My Face sun care products utilize natural mineral sun blocking agents, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide to provide full UVA and UVB protection while natural botanicals add to the skin saving benefits.
The new line of products includes:
- Sport Spray SPF 50 ($15.99) — This ultra sweat-resistant spray is designed for active people who want maximum protection from UVA and UVB rays;
- Sun Spray Lotion SPF 30 ($15.95) — Combining natural mineral zinc oxide with other effective sunscreens, this product’s got you covered against UVA and UVB rays; water resistant and fragrance free;
- Sun Spray Oil SPF 30 ($12.95) — An easy-to-apply, oil-based sunscreen that offers fragrance free UVA and UVB protection that’s water resistant; the perfect sunscreen for those who play hard and enjoy the outdoors.
- Sun Screen SPF 18 with Oat Protein Complex ($11.95) — The all-natural mineral sunblock helps fight damaging free-radicals, is quick and easy to apply, water resistant and fragrance free;
- Sun Screen SPF 30 with Oat Protein Complex ($12.95) — Oat protein protects and soothes skin, reducing irritation;
- Natural Mineral SPF 40 ($16.99) — This all-natural mineral sunblock blends in clear and contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, providing full protection against UVA and UVB rays.
- Face Factor SPF 30 and SPF 50 for Face and Neck ($12.95 and $13.95) — Green tea extract, peptides and licorice extract help fight free radicals, stimulate collagen production and help reduce the signs of aging;
- Hot Spots SPF 30 ($8.95) — Made with certified organic ingredients including beeswax, coconut oil and aloe, this sunscreen is perfect for all those delicate facial areas that need extra protection from the sun – ears, brow, lips, nose and cheeks;
- Kiss My Face Sport Lip Balm SPF 30 ($3.49) — The convenient lip balm is made with natural beeswax, coconut oil, Vitamin E and Shea Butter to soothe, smooth and protect lips, offering UVA and UVB protection all day.
- Kids Natural Mineral Sunblock SPF 30 ($14.99) — Natural mineral sunscreen for fun in the sun; gluten free and biodegradable;
- Kids Sun Stick SPF 30 ($10.99) — This 100% natural mineral sunblock works for kids’ lips, noses, cheeks and ears, and is available in blue, white and pink.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.
Study: Omega-3 supplement improves lung function of exercise-induced asthma
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — An Indiana University study has found that a unique omega-3 supplement derived from the New Zealand green-lipped mussel significantly improved lung function and reduced airway inflammation in asthmatics who experience exercise-induced bronchoconstriction, also called exercise-induced asthma.
Timothy Mickleborough, professor in the IU School of Public Health-Bloomington, reported his findings are similar to his studies involving fish oil, but required a much smaller dosage of the supplement. His new study, appearing online in the journal Respiratory Medicine, found a 59% improvement in lung function after an airway challenge, and a reduction in airway inflammation, asthma symptoms and use of emergency medication.
"Not only does it reduce symptoms, which will make you feel better, but it potentially could improve athletic performance," Mickleborough said. "Any time you can reduce medication is good."
Mickleborough’s study used Lyprinol/Omega XL, which contains PCSO-524, a patented extract of stabilized lipids from the New Zealand green-lipped mussel, combined with olive oil and vitamin E. PCSO-524 includes the five main lipid classes: sterol esters, sterols, polar lipids, triglycerides and free fatty acids, including eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Previous studies involving PCSO-524 have found it to be effective in treating osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease. Mickleborough’s study is the first to show that it is effective in reducing the airway inflammation experienced by asthmatic study participants diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma.
Prince of Peace pledges support of Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Chicago
HAYWARD, Calif. — Prince of Peace Enterprises on Wednesday announced that its Tiger Balm brand is a premier sponsor of the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Chicago, taking place June 1 to 2. The 2-day Walk travels from Soldier Field to Horner Park and back again.
“This marks our second year of uniting with the people of Chicago in our collective fight against a terrible disease,” stated Kenneth Yeung, president of Prince of Peace Enterprises. “We were privileged to support the 2012 event that raised $6.3 million to advance access to care and finding a cure for breast cancer and awareness for this worthwhile cause, and we look forward to continuing to support this event this year.”
As part of its sponsorship, Tiger Balm U.S. will distribute free samples of Tiger Balm Ultra Strength Ointment from its tent at the Avon Wellness Village on the first day of the Walk.
Tiger Balm U.S. is also sponsoring two other Avon Walk for Breast Cancer events in 2013 in San Francisco (Sept. 28 to 29) and New York (Oct. 19 to 20).
In addition to sponsoring key local events, Prince of Peace is promoting the Avon Walk message on a national level by including Avon stickers on the packaging of Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub.