Kathy Ireland to develop beauty line with E.L. Erman
LOS ANGELES Model Kathy Ireland has teamed up with E.L. Erman, which makes skin care products with natural ingredients and minerals from the Dead Sea, to develop a line of spa, face and body treatments.
Ireland, who founded the design and marketing company Kathy Ireland Worldwide, will serve as chief designer of all the products being developed under the partnership. They will be distributed as Kathy Ireland Spa, Kathy Ireland Home Spa and I.D. Solutions for Men.
The collections are expected to launch in select retailers and spas in early 2008.
“I returned last month from a visit to the Holy Land and am forever changed by the experience,” stated Ireland. “Skin care is a category I have worked on developing for over 20 years. These products, many containing minerals from the Dead Sea, are amazing to me. We are small, we are humble and we are excited.”
The head-to-toe line features select natural extracts and vitamins including a proprietary blend of Dead Sea minerals with a high magnesium concentration, evening primrose oil, shea butter, vitamins A, C and E, green tea, chamomile and rose hip oil.
Alberto-Culver launches new Nexxus products for 2008
MELROSE PARK, Ill. Alberto-Culver is gearing up for 2008 with the launch of several new products under its Nexxus salon brand at mass.
Launching in January:
- Sublime Volume Conditioner, which promises to deliver up to 15 percent increase in hair diameter. The product is a hydration system that restores manageability and adds dimensional shine.
- 360° Volume Finishing Mist is developed to provide 24-hour humidity resistance. The Mist provides natural-looking, touchable volume that won’t fall flat.
- Gorgeuous Curls Foam Styler and Curl Allure Styling Elixir are equipped with Curl Protexx Technology that promises to lock out humidity. The new formulas were developed to improve curl definition and retention.
- Sleek Memory Spray is a styling spray that helps make the daily straightening routine faster and easier.
- Humectress Luxe Leave-In Spray is a new complement to Humectress Conditioner.
Target supports fight against childhood cancer with P&G products
MEMPHIS, Tenn. Throughout the week of Oct. 28, consumers can help contribute to the fight against childhood cancer by buying select Procter & Gamble brands, including Pantene hair care, at Target stores.
Target plans to donate $700,000 to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which has been dedicated to finding cures and saving children with pediatric cancer and other catastrophic childhood diseases for nearly 50 years.
Participating P&G brands include Pantene, Pampers and Tide.
Target has been a partner of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital since 1999, when it opened Target House, which is long-term housing for families whose children are receiving life-saving treatment at St. Jude.